8

I don't know what came over me, but it was so freeing. I felt like this man was mine. Only mine. His touch was so captivating. I loved the feeling of his hands running over my hips and the way he pulled me closer with each touch. I could smell his cologne on every inch of his body. My body was glued to his at this point. My hands travelled up and down his back while exploring his muscular arms. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me in roughly, while his tongue begged for entrance. I gently bit and pulled at his lower lip which he responded to by lifting my leg up to his side while my other leg followed. He carried me over to his desk, pushing a few things aside to make space for me. His jacket was on the floor and his black shirt half undone. The addiction I felt in that moment made me never want this to end. But I knew I wasn't going to go any further than this.

'Wait...' I say, pulling away from the kiss.

'What happened?' He asks, slightly out of breath.

'Nothing.' I plainly tell him as I take myself off the desk and fix my dress.

'Let's go, they're probably waiting for us.' I say before heading towards the door. I could hear his heavy breathing and as I turned around, I noticed him wiping his lips with his thumb while looking directly at me.

'Come on then.' He says as I go to open the door, and then realise something.

'Wait.' I say, closing the door again and face him. I grab the collars of his shirt, straighten it out before putting the buttons up so he wouldn't look weird when we get back.

'That's better.' I say, as I pat down on his chest and look up at him. He smirks at me for a few seconds before sneaking in a quick kiss on my jaw, too quick for me to dodge it.

'Let's go.' I say before walking ahead of him and back to where we came from.

'Let's go in at different times, so it doesn't look weird.' I tell him before walking off.

I finally find the main section of the restaurant and just as I was about to walk up to the other two, I noticed Sebastian and Emma... Emma had both her hands on his, as if she was begging him to do something. He was looking to the other side of the restaurant but he didn't bother to move his hand away from hers. Something kicked into my mind. Was this the fucking girl...? He must be out of his mind if he willingly took me to a business dinner with the girl he's cheating on me with.

But was I any better than him at this point after what I just did?

'Your not going in?' I hear Emilio ask from behind me. I took one last breath before walking into the room with nothing but confidence. My eyes were glued onto Sebastians face. I wanted to see how his face would change as he noticed me walking back in, with his hand still under hers.

He finally notices that I'm back and pulls his arm away faster than anything he's ever done before. She looks back to see why he took his hand away so suddenly until she notices me. Emilio gets back soon after me, and the four of us sit down for a few more minutes.

'Why don't we go home now, baby? I have something planned for you tonight...' I get up and walk to the other side of Sebastian as I whisper into his ear, making sure it was loud enough for Emma to hear. Surprisingly, she had no reaction whatsoever but Emilio on the other hand... he had his fist curled into a ball ready to smash the closest thing next to him.

'And what may that be?' Emilio asks directly, not looking in my direction but straight ahead.

'Emilio!' Emma shouts, shocked at his statement. And so was I. Truthfully, I only said what I said to make Emma jealous... I didn't expect Emilio to hear or even respond like this.

'I guess, we'll get going then...' Sebastian states before getting out of his seat and walking out of the restaurant with his arm around my waist.

———

'What was that?' I ask looking over at him.

'What do you mean?' He responds as he changes out of his shirt.

'Why did Emma have her hand on yours?' He shoots his full focus at me. His eyes opened wide, not expecting my sudden question.

'W-When?' He stutters as he nervously walks over to the bed. This all only made me more suspicious about Emma being 'Adrian'. I watched as he nervously got under the covers and sat beside me.

'When I got back.' I respond, watching his every move.

'Where did you even go?' He attempts to change the subject. Guilt washes over me. I was questioning this man when I was really no better.

'That's not what we're talking about. Stop trying to change the subject!' I scream back at him, mostly my guilt taking over at this point.

'I don't know why she had her hand on mine, she was just talking about the deal...' He answers. Lies, lies, lies.

'It didn't look like you were talking about a deal!'

'I don't know what to tell you then! How about we talk about why both you and Emilio went missing for half an hour?!'

'Well you seemed to have not problem with it, since you had Emma's company!'

We both went back and forth till we just gave up and went straight to sleep.

———

I was sitting in complete silence, not having much left to do and the ring caught my eye... I spent what felt like hours staring at the diamond on my finger, adjusting its position every now and then. Should I just end it here or should I fight for him...? I knew that a part of me still loves him as if I never knew a thing, but I can't trust him the same after all this.

'Ugh, whatever. Fuck this.' I get up from my desk and went to the company kitchen to get a coffee. I can't be spending my whole day thinking about this.

'Hey, Milan.' Maria greets me as she sits in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hand.

'Hey, Maria. You never drink coffee, what's up?' I ask as I look down at her cup, almost half empty.

'That new girl is really starting to get on my nerves.' She answers, sounding fed up.

'What new girl?' I ask her, not hearing of the news.

'Let me just show you.' She sighs as she drags me out of the kitchen and into the main workplace.

'There.' She points into the distance as I squint my eyes trying to see who she was point to. Once my eyes finally manage to focus, I realise who it was... It was Emma.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )