34

'What about Sebastian?' Zane asks, lifting a brow in response.

'Do you know about-' I pause for a moment, contemplating my words. 'Everything?'

'What do you mean by 'everything'?' He squints his eyes, acting as if he were really clueless.

'So you don't know-' I exhale in relief which was soon cut short as he interrupts.

'The affair?' He questions in a blunt tone, downplaying the actual weight of his words.

For some reason, it made me slightly mad that he seemed okay with the fact. As much as I convince myself I was over Sebastian cheating on me... The thought of it still stung, especially after seeing him so recently.

'You okay?' His voice cuts through my pacing thoughts, bringing me back to reality.

'Yeah, of course.' I lie as I sit myself up straight.

'You aren't curious as to how I found out?' He adds, spiking a new question in my mind.

'How?'

'Sebastian told me.' He sits back in the chair, observing every move I made.

'It's not like he had a choice. He wanted me to let him meet you which I wasn't going to agree to without a reason. So he had to come clean.' He shrugs, rolling his shoulders back as his arms sat along his chest.

'And you were fine with letting him meet me? Knowing the whole situation?' I shriek in disbelief.

'It wasn't my place to stop it, for all I knew you wanted to see him just as bad.' His cold tone returns, speaking as if he'd done nothing wrong.

'Are you serious? In what world would that ever be the case!' I spat, my face reflecting the exact emotions I was feeling.

'Milan.' He warns sternly, aware of the increase in volume in my voice.

'No! Don't 'Milan' me. I'm so done with everyone just assuming things about me!' I speak using anything but my head, but I wasn't about to stop there. 'You. Him. It's like what I actually say or do doesn't even matter, because you're already set on your stupid assumptions!'

To him this may just seem like a load of nonsense spewing out of my mouth in the midst of a blind fit of rage but the way I looked to him right now was the last concern on my mind.

But my words come to a halt, realisation suddenly hitting me... Sebastian still seemed to be an issue in my life even now. The idea of it all only made me resent him even more.

'I'm leaving early for today.' I announce, not leaving any room for Zane to tell me otherwise. I head back to my office, collecting my things before making my way to my car.

I still remembered the exact location the meeting was held at and I was almost ninety nine percent sure that that was where Sebastian was working this whole time. So that's exactly where I went, my hands steering in the direction with nothing but red in sight. I had no clue what I was planning to say to him, I just knew I needed someone to unleash all this built up emotion too.

Not even minutes pass by until I finally reach my destination, slamming the car door shut as I walk into the building.

'Is Sebastian here?' My palms hit the desk of the reception, keeping an eye out just in case he walks by at any moment.

'O-Oh, you mean Mr Russo?' She checks with me, slightly startled by my entrance.

'Yeah. Him.' I share a look of disgust at the mention of his name.

'Have you got an appointment?' She looks down at her keyboard, ready to check for herself.

'No. Just tell him I need to see him. My name's Milan Celeste.' I urge for her to speed up the process.

'You can't just see him without an appointment-' She chooses to ignore my request, not even bothering to at least attempt to reach Sebastian. Her words come to a stop, her eyes fixated on something else behind me. I turn around as I track her watch, my eyes meeting face to face with the exact person I was hoping for.

'Great. You're here.' I tug at his arm, pulling him outside with a hint of sarcasm in my tone.

'What are you doing here, Milan?' His voice merged with worry yet curiosity, but he wasn't the one asking questions here.

'No! I don't want to hear a single word from you.' I scold, my hand swinging in the air. 'I left you in my past. Two. Fucking. Years. Ago. Yet here you are, shoving your way back in.'

'What are you talking about-'

'I didn't wanna see you here... At all. I moved here to get away from the constant reminder of you. But I couldn't even have that. You don't understand how uncomfortable it was living as the women you cheated on, that you left behind when it was the complete opposite. I left you. But no one saw it that way.' My words become slow, drained from the swirl of emotions flowing through me.

I stood there, taking a noticeable deep breath as I calm myself down. 'I'm so fed up, Sebastian... I'm in a fucking argument with Emilio about you, for God's sake! ...But after what I heard from him last night, I'm not even sure what he's up to himself.'

I carelessly admit, confiding in him without hesitation.

'I don't even know why I'm here...' I sigh, laughing at how ridiculous I probably looked right now. My body turns away, facing the direction of my car until his hands fall onto my wrist.

'I'm sorry, Milan...' He apologises yet again, but what was that going to do for me?

Absolutely nothing.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )