62

My mind half dazed and my eyes blinking back the sleep, I was now sat in the passenger seat of Emilio's car while he sat close besides me. I look over to him, his eyes focused firmly on the road and nothing more... But part of me wished I'd find him also looking towards me.

I turn straight ahead, sighing out loud as I throw my head into the seat from the pounding headache slowly creeping up to me.

'What was that about back there?' He finally breaks the everlasting silence between the two of us.

'What was what?' I groan, shutting my eyes as I listen to his voice.

'You calling yourself my girlfriend.'

I part my eyelids slightly, sneaking a quick look of him as I see the subtle grin sitting on his face.

'Was I not supposed to?' I shrug, not giving the statement much care.

'Milan... You do remember who called this off, right?' He reminds once again. There wasn't much I could say... We both knew full well it was me. But that didn't change the fact that my heart was full with regret.

'What if I wanted to take it back...?' I mumble, almost to myself but hoping he would hear.

'Speak up, baby.'

'What if I wanted you back?' My confidence in those words took even me by surprise. But his reaction was what would confirm whether my confidence was even worth it.

'Is that what you're saying?' He checks, his face more serious than I'd expected it to be.

'Maybe...' I return to my mumbles, my eyes diverting towards the window to my left, avoiding his eyes.

But as he slowly approaches a red light, he takes the opportunity to take a glance in my direction.

'Look at me.' He demands, but I refuse to listen. My muscles were tense with the fear of his rejection.

He takes hold of my chin, forcing me to look in his direction until the silence returns between the two of us. He chose not to speak a word, instead unknown thoughts lurked through his mind only feeding my fear.

He sighs in realisation, finally coming to some sort of conclusion. 'You're drunk.' He simply states before setting the car into drive.

'What?' I look to him in confusion. 'I might be drunk... That doesn't mean what I said was a lie.'

My eyes fix on him, waiting for him to respond... But he doesn't.

But only seconds later, I notice the house coming into view, knowing this encounter would be cut short.

I wait for him to park before stepping out of the vehicle, not a second further to waste. I walk into the house, not bothering to hold the door open for him as he walks in a few seconds after I do.

He takes hold of my arm, pulling me closer to him as my body stops just before his.

'I never said no.' He says in a hushed tone, a small spark of hope igniting within me.

'You never said yes either.' I brush his arm off of me, continuing to take off my heels before rushing up the stairs. But with in my half drunken state and rushed steps, I feel myself loosing balance on the last step, falling onto my knees.