35

I arrive back home, walking in to yet another silent night alone. My heels flung in opposite directions, my bag falling close by as I stagger my feet into the house.

My eyes meet with a lone figure sat in the corner of the room, a drink in hand, barely noticing my presence in the room.

'Emilio?' I call out to him, recognising him instantly just from the way he was sat.

He looks back to me, placing the glass down onto the table in front of him before stepping out of his seat.

'Where were you?' His hands lay in the warmth of his pocket, his steps slow and unhurried.

'At work.' I lie, knowing full well he would flip the room upside down if he heard I was with Sebastian.

'Are you sure?' He questions, his voice turning deep with doubt.

'Why are you even asking, Emilio? Shouldn't you be at work?' I roll my eyes, walking away from his uncalled-for inquiry.

'I'm talking to you.' He pulls me back, my chest meeting with his. His finger pushes against the bottom of my chin, forcing my eyes to look up to his 'Why are you lying to me?'

My breath hitches in fear, my eyes widening as I come to terms with the fact that he knew something.

'I'll ask you again...' He declares, his watch firmly fixed on me. 'Where were you?'

'...With Sebastian- But not in the way you're thinking of-' I attempt to explain, but I don't get a chance to finish.

'That's all I needed to hear.' He lets me go, my body slightly falling back from the lose of grip as he turns to face the window.

'That's it? You're not angry...?' I warily look towards him, keeping a close eye for any sudden movements.

'Did you do something for me to be angry about?' His peers over his shoulder, his eyes barely meeting me.

'No.' I shrug, as he turns his head back.

'Then I'm not angry.'

'How did you know?' I question in curiosity, wandering how he caught on so fast.

'You're not a very good liar, princesa.' His endearing name didn't seem so endearing by the sound of his voice.

My feet start in his direction, approaching him before resting my hand on his shoulder. 'Answer something for me.'

My position shifts so that I was now stood in his view, blocking his sight of the window with my hand still on his shoulder.

'Who were you talking to last night?' My memories from last night arise, only increasing my need for an answer.

'Why?' His brows furrow as if he were innocent which I found hard to believe after what I heard.

'You apparently needed to meet them so bad. And you also felt the need to tell them about our argument too. Why do you think I want to know?' I recall the parts of the conversation I could vaguely remember.

'Wait, what are you trying to say...?' His lips curl into a smile of confusion as he slowly realises what I was suggesting.

'I was talking to Cameron, he's a friend of mine.' He narrows his eyes as if the idea I had in mind was completely ridiculous, his eyes lurking up and down as he watches my stern face.

'Prove it.' I demand, not wasting any time to find out the truth. He pulls out his phone, showing me his call history as he hands me the device unlocked, giving me free access to do some searching of my own.

I look up to him, pondering whether to take the opportunity or to just trust him on his word... He handed me the phone in so much confidence, it almost felt like a test. Now it was just a matter of fact about whether I was passing or not.

But I couldn't care less. It was his choice to voluntarily hand me the phone, so I wasn't doing anything wrong. Right now, I needed something that could finally give me peace of mind.

But I found nothing, not a single thing. Just a pile of messages to and from Cameron from way before we'd even gotten here, all of it seeming to do with his work.

'Found anything yet?' He peers over in confidence.

'For all I know, you've deleted everything by now.' I look up to him, my eyes burning on him as I push the phone to his chest.

'Believe what you want.' He shrugs, taking the phone out of my hand as it makes it way back into his pocket.

'Why aren't you at work?' My arms fold along my chest, straightening my posture as I speak to him.

'Do you not want me here?' His finger strokes the single hair against my face that was obstructing my view.

'It's not that... You're just rarely ever here nowadays.' I laugh it off, not wanting to seem too bothered by the fact when in reality I was starting to hate every night I spent at this house.

'I know... It's just that everything's started here so recently and it needs all the attention it can get.' He explains, guilt evidently consuming him by the second.

'No- I understand. I just wish I could see you more often.' I tilt my head as I offer him a smile, my hands reaching for his shoulders.

His hand cups my cheek, stroking the side of my face with a gentle thumb. 'I'm sorry, Milan...'

I take a moment, my gaze running over his face as I watch his eyes shift apologetically.

'Then make it up to me.'

He doesn't speak, his expression remaining the same as does his body. He didn't seem surprised by my comment, it seemed more like he was contemplating how to go about it.

My patience running low, I decide to make the first move myself, my lips reaching to meet his. The hand that was resting on my cheek is joined by another, my face drawing closer to his in need. I instantly adjust to his request. My arms lock around his neck, my thighs rub against his as the distance between us fades.

'You want it that bad, baby?' He teases between sloppy, desperate kisses as his hand taps the back of my thigh.

'Shut up and just take me upstairs.' My legs wrap against his torso on command, his head tilting back to still keep his lips against mine.

'Whatever you say, princesa.'

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )