54

For the past week since my last conversation with Danielle, the whole situation has been eating away at me. I still couldn't fully understand what I had exactly done to Danielle or what they were arguing about in the first place. But knowing everything that I knew so far only caused the thought to dwell on my mind further. Especially considering the fact that Zane was unwilling to even give me the slightest hint about Danielle's true intentions, how bad could it be?

But unfortunately I was working yet another late night in the office which only kept me thinking for longer. But I guess there's not much waiting for me at home either.

'Fuck this.' I step out of my seat, giving up on holding back what I know and deciding to confront Zane with the information. Since he was the closest thing I could get to the truth right now, I had to at least try to get him to speak.

Knowing he was also spending a late night in his office, I head straight there, not sparing a second to waste.

I pause for a moment, pondering about how I should approach the situation. He was my boss after all so my words must be delicate but... Should I even care? He has yet to tell me about Danielle, instead he's fine with letting me stand here like a fool right in front of her.

I barge open the door, not having the decency to at least knock before entering the room on my own accord. But when my eyes meet his drunken ones, I felt slightly taken aback. He had a bottle clenched in his fists as his head was sat resting carelessly against his chair. A smirk crawls onto his lips as he notices my presence, not seeming to question my sudden entrance.

'Zane...' I mumble as I wearily observe him.

'Mhm?' He hums in response, throwing his head over the edge of his seat with his eyes closed.

'Are you okay?' Every intention I came into this room with slip out of mind, knowing this was anything but the right time.

'Mhm.' He hums once again but the answer was evident. He clearly wasn't.

I begin in his direction, stepping closer as the sound of my heels alerts him of my approach. He lifts his head back up to face me, watching me as I took each step but doing nothing about it.

'Give me that.' I demand as I point to the bottle.

'No.' He playfully yanks the bottle back, a grin playing on his lips. 'Come here if you want it.'

My breath hitches in my throat at the forward remark.

'Stop it. You've clearly had enough or you wouldn't be saying that in the first place.' I reach for the bottle which he yanks back further.

'I said-' I go to repeat, but he takes over.

'I know what you said.' He mumbles, his eyes barely managing to focus through his intoxicated gaze.

'So just give it.' I shake my head with a sigh.

'I don't want to.' He continues to resist and I was slowly starting to become irritated.

'Fine then. I'll just leave.' I threaten, but I knew I wasn't actually going to leave him in a state like this.

But as I spin on the back of my heels in the opposite direction, I feel his hand latch onto mine, holding me in place. 'Don't go...'

I look over my shoulder, a smirk of pride on my face as I thought he'd finally given in but the expression I was met with made me feel anything but prideful.

'Milan...' He voices my name, stepping up from his seat in the process. My eyes remain glued to his as his do to mine.

'You have no fucking clue...' He takes a step forward, closing the little distance between us. '...the effect you have on people.'

'What are you talking about?' I gulp, taking a step back but he follows me in my tracks, slowly backing me up against a wall.

'Do you have any clue how you fucking make me feel...?' He breathes, looking me intensely in the eye.

Hearing his words froze every muscle in my body...

'No...' I whisper.

'Every time you step into this office, it drives me crazy that I can't have you right here.' The low tone of his voice highlights each and every word of his. I feel his fingers slowly touching against my cheek, my face naturally settling into his touch.

'You could walk into a room full of people and my eyes still find you... It's crazy because I don't think you realise any of it.' He makes gentle strokes down my jaw, my heart accelerating by the minute.

'You're drunk.' I face the reality of the situation. He didn't mean any of this. He wouldn't even remember this tomorrow and maybe that was for the best.

'Yeah, I might be. But I meant every word I just said.' He responds with confidence.

'Trust me, you'll regret all of this tomorrow.' The disappointment was evident in my voice, the lump in my throat forming with my words.

'I won't...' He assures, lifting my chin with a slight tap. 'What's there to regret?'

Every word coming out of his mouth came as a shock to me. It all felt surreal for me to even consider the possibility of him feeling any sort of emotion towards me. And I wasn't exactly sure how to comprehend it all.

'You seem so sure...' I find my hands resting on his arm and slowly gliding upwards whilst keeping the firm eye contact between the two of us. But as my hand lingers against him, I begin to feel his moving against my waist, drawing me closer with one simple tug.

'You have no idea.' His low voice echoes by my ear, his face leaning closer as I close my eyes.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )