39

I step into the house cautiously, not sure whether Emilio was home yet or not.

'Where were you?' A voice booms from the other end of the room, startling me as I back away.

'Um- I went out with a friend.' I vaguely explain with little detail.

'What friend?' He slowly steps out of the shadows, the lights above highlighting Emilio's features.

'You don't know her.' I say in the process of taking my heels off.

'And you didn't at least think to mention it to me? Have you seen what time it is?' He scolds as I groan to his words. 'Sorry, 'dad'. Do I need to tell you everything I do now?'

'Yes, you fucking do.' He snaps in response to my sarcasm with sarcasm of his own, a glare full of rage shooting right at me. 'A text wouldn't hurt. I thought something happened to you, for fuck sake!'

My attitude drops, watching him with a mixture of concern as well as anger in his expression. 'I'm sorry... It just slipped my mind.' I shrug, no sure of what else to say.

'You're always sorry though, aren't you?' His back turns away from me, walking up the stairs as he heads into the bedroom.

I get out of my painful heels, following his steps as I reach the bedroom myself.

'I seriously forgot, Emilio. I said I'm sorry!' I repeat, pushing the door open. I notice him sat at the end of the bed, adjusting the watch on his wrist as he clicks it off, not bothering to lift his eyes in my direction.

'Baby...' I brush my hands over his shoulders, but he continues to ignore me.

'Fine.' I give up, walking into the bathroom to get changed.

I slip out of the skin tight dress, my skin feeling instant relief once I was out of it as I replace it with a pair of shorts and a sports bra.

I enter the bedroom once again, Emilio now focused on his belt, unbuckling it as he looks up to me by the doorframe. Without a shift in his eye, he pulls at the now undone belt, whipping it out of its place in one swift motion.

My eyes narrow firmly on him with his gaze just as strong. I raise my brows at his action, flipping the section of hair that sat along my chest over my shoulder before making my way over to the bed.

He continues to get undressed, leaving himself in just his briefs as he lays besides me.

'Baby.' I say much more sternly than before.

'Hm.' He hums, his back turned.

'Look at me for a sec...'

He twists his body with little effort, his body facing the ceiling as his heads turns towards me. 'What?'

'Are you still mad?' My hand travels up his chest, making gentle strokes down.

He sighs. 'Just go to sleep, Milan.' He voices, ignoring my question completely.

'Did you just ignore me?' My jaw drops dramatically.

'Yes.' He shrugs, a smile emerging on his lips.

'You just smiled!' I point out, his reaction also making me smile.

'Can I not smile now?' He eyes me, lifting his brows in amusement.

'No. Not if you're going to be mad at me.' My hand now slips to his jaw, making small motions down his neck.

'I'm not mad at you. Just let me know next time.'

'Ok. Deal.' I smile in content, earning an eye roll from him.

———