60

I walk into a room packed with people at every corner... But this time alone. It felt like it's been a while since I'd attended a party alone.

It had been a few days since my conversation with Zane and I'd barely gotten a chance to speak to Emilio. One of us were either at work, asleep or not at home. Part of me felt as if it was intentional on his part... But I couldn't blame him.

Zane invited me, along with a few people from the office and plenty of others. It was a bit of a last minute invitation but I was glad to come nonetheless.

I was hoping I'd run into someone I know at this place besides Zane but there wasn't a single person I recognised. A women comes up by my side, offering me a drink from a tray of others which I accept before she hurries away to the rest of the guests. I stand around for a few seconds, looking out towards the collection of people until my eyes land on someone specifically instead.

I groan at the sight, taking a sip of the drink in hand as I realise she also noticed me in the room.

'Hey.' Danielle smiles, approaching me as if nothing had happened.

'Hi.' I raise my brows at her before looking off into the crowd.

'I heard you already told Zane about your boyfriend then?' She smiles once again as I look back to her with narrowed eyes.

'What do you want, Danielle?' I snap, not wanting to have this weird conversation with her. I knew it would be anything but settling.

'I want you not to be here. But we don't all get what we want, do we?' She tilts her head to the side, the grin still strong on her face.

'That's funny because you approaching me is telling me something different.' I return her smug smile before rolling my eyes away from her.

'Why isn't he here?' She suddenly changes the topic with yet another question.

'Who?'

'Emilio. I would've loved to say hi...' She clarifies, flicking her brunette hair over her shoulders proudly.

'It's none of your fucking business.' I shake my head, clenching my fists harder around the glass drink in hand only hoping it wouldn't shatter right there. I knew she was trying to test my limits and I really wasn't willing to hold back as much as usual.

She doesn't speak a word, instead holding herself in her position with no fear, as do I.

Her eyes suddenly move over my head. 'Look who just walked in.'

I follow her smirking eyes as I focus on the door I'd walked in through a few moments ago only to find Emilio walking in alone... Just like I did.

But why would he come here to begin with?

'Why don't I go say hi?' Danielle suggests, already ready to walk in his direction. She takes a step further and I grab hold of her arm, pulling her back as her eyes meet mine again.

'Stop this shit, Danielle. Just fucking stop.' My voice raises slightly as I speak to her before letting her arm loose as it drops to her side.

My eyes scan the room, a few looks being given in our direction but the only one I cared about was Emilio's. He looks to me for a few seconds before continuing to walk into the crowd as if he hadn't noticed me at all.

I leave Danielle's side, rushing over to him instead. The crowd around us makes it slightly difficult but I finally reach him, my first reaction being to grasp hold of him with both hands, hoping he wouldn't try to escape. He looks back, his eyes looking down to mine with emptiness and he pauses in his space, despite the people we were surrounded by.

'I told him.' I blurt out, wanting him to know the first chance I got which was now.

His eyes remain plain as does his face. It was as if he was reading into my feelings rather than focusing on his own.

'What's going on?' I hear a familiar voice in the back but my mind chose to pay no attention to it. Emilio looks to the sound for a small second before turning towards me.

'Prove it.' He whispers, his mouth meeting with mine only seconds later. It didn't take much for me to respond to his moving lips, mine also moving to his command.

His hands drapes around my waist, pulling me in desperately as he continues to deepen the kiss. The hold felt so much more meaningful than any other. It all felt like it all once did. The touch. The kiss. His grip. It all felt like it did a few months back.

But it all came to a quick end when he suddenly pulls away, someone else coming into sight. Zane's deep eyes stay on mine, his body only inches behind Emilio's. And that's when it hit me... Emilio had done this on purpose, just to spite Zane.

The people around us, including Zane were only staring at the scene waiting for something to unfold. But I chose not to say a damn word because if there was ever a person to make a situation worse than it already was, it was me.

Zane finally looks away, turning around to walk to another group of guests as my heart becomes heavy with guilt.

'You only kissed me because you saw him...' I come to a realisation as my eyes blink back the disappointment.

'So what?' He says so carelessly, not a single thought behind his words.

'Why are you being like this?' I shake my head in disapproval as I back away. But he chooses not to answer, instead staring me down with his piercing eyes.

I turn around to walk away, knowing we were going no where with this but part of me hoped he would stop me and convince me otherwise. But there was nothing. He let me walk away from him and what scared me the most was that I didn't know what that meant... Did he choose to give up on us?

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )