28

'Sebastian?' I question, making sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. He gives me a weak smile as he walks towards me. I step back, still not believing it.

'Milan...' He speaks up as he looks down at me with gentle eyes. It seemed like he was telling me so much from just his stare. I gulp nervously, not sure how I should react. Seeing him after all this time felt unreal, I really didn't think I'd see him again and I'd already accepted it.

I snap back into reality, looking him up and down, noticing how much he's changed yet he seemed just like the Sebastian I knew two years ago.

'What happened to you?' I ask him as he takes in one deep breath before answering.

'How about we talk over lunch?' He suggests and I really had nothing to lose. I was definitely curious about what had happened to him, why he moved here, why he wasn't working for his father.

We end up going to a close by restaurant as we order our food and decide to take it as an opportunity to start talking.

'So... Why did you move?' I start as I lean back into my seat, waiting for his answer.

'A lot's happened since the wedding... My dad thought passing the company down to me would only damage its reputation. And I really had nothing else in that city apart from my job and you-'

'What about April?' I interrupt him.

'April... I ended things with her the day after the wedding. I guess it only took me losing you to bring me to my senses.' He laughs to himself as I stay quiet. We sat in silence for a few seconds before our food finally arrived and we both dived straight in. I could tell he felt just as awkward as I did.

'How did you manage to start a whole new company?' I break the silence, still having questions lingering in the back of my mind.

'A close friend of mine gave me an opportunity to start a business of our own. It was perfect for the both of us, I really had nothing going for me at the time and he was looking for a business partner he could trust. So I took the opportunity as it came... And here I am.' He explains as he takes a bite of his food.

'Well, I'm happy for you.' I smile at him, glad that he was doing well for himself. But I couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty... He'd lost a secure position at his father's business because of me...

'What about you? Why did you decide to move out here?' He asks me, as he stops for a moment.

'Well, me and Emilio-' I begin until he cuts me off.

'Emilio...?' He questions me blankly. He seemed hurt, the way his eyes stayed on me for a few seconds to long, the way his smile dropped as he heard his name.

'Yeah...' I respond, not wanting to say too much. The rest of the lunch we sat in complete silence. Neither of us spoke a word to the other. We both finish our lunch before setting off back to work.

'You can leave early today. It was only meant to be an introduction day anyway.' He informs me as he parks his car, now facing me.

'I've missed you...' He lets out in an almost whisper. I look back at him, his eyes already on me.

'Sebastian...' I start, not sure what to say.

'You can't say that... Not after everything.' I stop him, not wanting this to go any further.

'I know, I'm sorry. But I can't help it.' He apologises as he sighs helplessly.

'I'll see you tomorrow.' I say as I go to reach for the door to make my way out.

'Actually, you're not my personal assistant. You're working for the business partner I was telling you about earlier. We probably won't be seeing much of each other either since I'm working in a different building right now. I just came by today since I heard you were starting the job...' He explains as he looks away from me, staring at the empty road ahead of us.

'Then I guess this is goodbye..?' I respond, looking away from Sebastian.

'I guess.' He finishes as I get out of the car, not turning back and heading straight to mine.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )