If I Believe

"Heya, Pete."

"Hey, Tony." Peter sits up in his bed. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Just working on homework."

"Oh, nice. What kind?"

"History. I'm so bored. Bucky already taught me this."

Tony laughs. "Only a genius would complain about knowing things."

Peter smiles. A sudden pounding sounds outside his door.

"Peter, what are you doing? Stop talking to yourself and come down to movie night." Bucky shouts.

Peter looks at Tony as he slowly dissolves into specks of light. FRIDAY shuts off the projector.

Peter wipes at his eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I wasn't there."

Peter grabs the photo off his bedside table. The same one from Tony's house two years ago.

"If I believed in wishes as silly as it seems. I'd turn back time and save you." Peter whispers. He gently lays the picture down.

"If I believed in dreams. If I believed in magic. If I believed I could."

He flops onto his bed and covers his eyes. "But wishes are dreams. And dreams are pretend. So science and reason win out in the end!"

Peter angrily flings the picture across the room. He covers his head with his blanket and starts sobbing.

"Science says you're dead and gone forever. Reason says I'm talking to the air. But something in my heart, some secret hidden part, illogically insists that you are here. Somewhere.

"If I believe in wishes. Perhaps it's not too late. To change the course of fate. Cause after all I must be pretty great. If you believed in me!"

Peter throws his blanket off and wipes his tears away. "But I don't believe in wishes. I don't believe in dreams. I don't believe in magic. I don't believe in good. Cause magic and good didn't save you. And wishes and dreams won't bring you back."

He opens his closet and takes out his Spiderman suit. He closes his eyes and rips the suit in two. "And most of all I don't believe in me."

AN:

I AM SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG. BUT I'M BACK. AND I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTERS SO SHORT.

IT'S JUST TO GET ME BACK IN THE GROOVE OF WRITING.

AND I HAD THIS SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR DAYS. AND THIS IDEA WOULD NOT GO AWAY.

THE SONG IS "IF I BELIEVED" FROM TWISTED BY STARKID.

ALSO, IF YOU HAVE ANY REQUESTS PUT THEM HERE. ON THIS LINE!

AND YOU MAY RANT ANGRILY AT ME FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG ON THIS LINE. RIGHT HERE.