The Dangers Of Saving A Random Mortal Part: 5

The demigods tumble off of Mrs. O'Leary's back onto the grass of Camp Half Blood.

"Jason?"

"Yes, Hazel?"

"You're squishing me."

Jason rolls off Hazel. "Sorry."

"Its okay."

"That did not go according to plan." Annabeth says.

"To be fair we didn't have a plan." Leo says from his place face down on the ground.

"All that matters is that we got Nico and Will back." Percy says.

"What about the people who kidnapped them?" Piper asks.

"They're superheroes. What can we do?"

"You won't be doing anything. We will."

Everyone looks up to see Hades and Apollo. Apollo drops to the ground and hugs Will.

"You're alright!"

Will hugs Apollo back awkwardly. "Yeah."

"I'm so glad. You're my favorite kid."

"Thanks?"

Hades doesn't hug Nico but he nods to him. "I'm glad you're safe,son."

"Me too."

"Hades and I will speak to these mortals that took you." Apollo says. He rubs Nico's head affectionately.

"I thought gods can't interfere with the affairs of mortals?"

"We can't. But we can still curse them."

"Dad, don't." Will protests.

"Do it." Nico says.

"Nico, they were nice to us."

"I don't give a flying fruitloop fuck! They kidnapped you!"

"Don't kill them." Will says knowing he will never win this argument with Nico.

"We won't."

"Percy Jackson!"

Percy whimpers in fear as hoofbeats draw closer to their group. The demigods start to stand to the feet as Chiron stops in front of them.

"What did you do?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"Because it's always your fault."

"That's not true. It was Hades' fault this time."

"Hades?"

"Yeah, he's right there." Percy turns to be met with empty space. "Dam. Well, we rescued Nico and Will at least."

"You broke about fifty camp rules in the process."

"But we got them back."

"I don't care anymore. If the gods are involved then I'm not. Glad to have you back, Nico, Will." Chiron clomps off to play a game with Mr. D.

"I'm so confused on what has even happened anymore." Nico says.

"We all are."

..........

"For the last time we didn't let them go. A bunch of kids showed up on a giant dog and stole them." Tony argues with Fury.

"Benched! All of you! Except for Steve, Clint and Natasha. Coulson would be whiny for days if I benched you."