god of Mischief on Midgard?: Part (5)

FIRST POV: THOR

I listen to my brother's angry tirade. I know I deserve it all. He's just a kid. He shouldn't have had to harbor all of these feelings of hatred.

I step in front of him. I stop him stabbing himself. How he had that dagger I don't know.

We stare into each other's eyes for a long time. I silently apologize for everything. I see a spark of forgiveness in his eyes.

"Oh for the love of gosh. Just hug already. You both know you want too!" Tony yells out exasperated.

I smile and open my arms to Loki. He steps hesitantly into my embrace. I wrap my arms around him. He starts sobbing violently. I cry too. This is the only thing that he's ever wanted. My love. If I had been a better brother than he wouldn't have attacked Midgard or done any of the other things. My tears soak his hair as his tears soak my shirt.

He wraps his arms around me and burries his head in my chest.

I don't know how long we stand here until someone clears their throat.

I relunctantly let him go. He wipes his face as if he's ashamed of his tears. He probably is. He's had to get used to showing no emotion. I put my arm across his shoulders to reassure him.

The Man of Spiders comes up and drags my brother away to play games of video.

He smiles and agrees. I see a little bit of the little brother I remember. I like this Loki.

As Peter and Loki dissapear into the living room everyone looks at me. Tony goes to go after his son but I put a hand on his shoulder. He turns to look questioningly at me.

"He won't hurt him. If you know him well enough you can see that he likes Peter. Likes him More than me right now." I say and look down.

Natasha does something that surprises everybody. She steps forward and embraces me. Everyone, including me, stands still.

"Poimt Break. He doesn't hate you. He just needs time to get used to his situation. Give him time. Okay?" She whispers.

"Okay." I say feeling better.

"Alright. As touching as this was we still need to talk." Steve says. We all ait down at the table in the kitchen. "Okay so maybe he is trying to change. We do need to give him a chance. We almost drove him to suicide because we didn't. I just don't know if I trust him. What do you guys think?"

"I think you're right." Clint agrees. " I just think that he shouldn't be left alone at any time. He shares a room with Peter son that takes care of the night. We needna schedule for who's going to Lokisit at all times."

"That would work. What about when Peter leaves to be Spider-Man?" Wanda asks.

"We'll have FRIDAY alert us. Someone will go down to Peter's room to stay with him until Peter gets back." Tony offers.

"Good idea. I think that Loki should be confined to Peter's room at all times of the night. He should have a curfew to be in there and set time that he's allowed out. He can come out later bit bot before that time." Vision says.

What he proposed isn't unreasonable. I think it will work.

"He'll have to do whatever his sitter is doing." Peitro points out. "I can't imagine that he'll be too happy about that."

"Well it's this or being put in Bruce's Hulk Out room the entire time. He can pick." Tony says rudely.

"Makes since. Let's make this schedule!" I say. The people at the table wince. I don't know why though.

"Thor? You're okay with this?" Bruce questions.

"Yes. Loki may be trying to change but he did do bad things. You need to earn this trust and the other way around. He needs to earn your trust." I say.

"Alright!" Tony rubs his hands together. "Let's work on the stalk Loki schedule."

"We're not stalking him Tony." Natasha points out.

"Same difference. Anyway who wants to go first?"

While we work I can hear my brother laughing in the living room. I don't know the last time I heard him truly laugh. Peter's laughter floats through the air. We all smile at the sound. My brother's laughter follows his. The smiles drop off the faces of the other people at the table. I grin wider. It's been forever since he truly laughed.

We finally get the schedule done.