I'm Always Going To Be Here

AN:

I'm SORRY I HAVEN'T GOTTEN AROUND TO WORKING ON REQUESTS. YES, YOU MAY KILL ME.

I JUST GOT THIS IDEA AND RAN WITH IT.

IT'S ANGSTY. I THINK IT TURNED OUT BETTER THAN MY LAST ATTEMPT AT ANGST though.

Summary:

What if when Peitro tries to save Clint from Ultron... he fails?

Peitro watches as Clint grabs the little boy and starts to run. He goes to turn around to find his sister when he hears the sound of gunfire.

He turns around so fast it would've given any normal person whiplash.

He watches as Clint sees the bullets speeding toward him.

He pulls the kid close to his body and turns around and bends over him.

Peitro makes a split-second decision.

He runs at Clint.

---------

Clint picks up the kid and goes to take him to his heartbroken mother when he hears gunfire.

He turns around and sees a ship firing at them.

He grabs the little boy and turns around to protect him.

The air suddenly changes and Clint can hear very faint footsteps running at him.

NO! THAT IDIOT CAN'T DO WHAT I THINK HE'S ABOUT TO DO! Clint yells in his head as he turns back around and shoves the blue blur and the kid away from him.

Peitro falls onto the ground as he grabs the boy. The boy lands on his stomach and Peitro clutches him close.

Clint looks at Peitro as he falls in slow motion. He sees Peitro's lips moving but can't hear what he is saying.

"CLINT! NO!" Peitro yells out in anguish.

"Get him to safety." Clint mumbles. He can't hear his own voice. His hearing aids must have fallen out.

Peitro stands up and picks the boy up and is gone.

Clint can feel the pool of blood surrounding him.

Feel his life slowly leaving his body.

He just can't feel the pain.

He can't feel anything but his life slowly draining away.

He supposes he should be thankful he can't feel the pain of the bullets that tore through his insides.

He lays on the ground for what seems like forever but is only seconds.

Peitro skids to his knees beside Clint.

He presses a hand to his chest to try to stop the bleeding.

Peitro says something but Clint can't hear it. "Clint! Please don't go! No! Please stay!"

Peitro starts to cry. Clint strains to hold his hand up and lay it on Peitro's cheek.

Peitro looks at him the holds the hand that is on his cheek.