Chapter 2

<Dreams POV>

Finally lunch god that was a boring morning I felt a bit sorry for Night as she was telling me how the teacher was giving her a hard time for completing the work fast, she can't help being good at maths. I made sure I got out of my class quick so I could meet her outside her maths class. That was in the past now and we are walking with Ponk and Antfrost towards the cafeteria in a comfortable silence. ( oh god this but is confusing but I had to change it as the story didn't line up so yeah)

"So did anyone understand anything the teacher was saying back there, I swear she was talking nonsense?" Ponk says breaking the silence.

I was about to say that I wasn't in the class so I wouldn't know but Night got their first, "I did, do you want me to help you with it like the teach it I could face time you after school tonight and explain it then?"

"Would you really?" night nodded in response, "Thank you so much"

I saw a small smile creep on to Nights face it's the same smile I see when I ask her for help with something then I get it right. It's the 'I'm proud of you, you've got this' look although she seems like a cold outer shell of a person she's the exact opposite of that.

I was dragged out of my thoughts by Antfrost "Would I be able to join, like I understood it a little but I could do with a bit more practice?" He said whilst rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Sure" she reply's "There is no point sitting there not understanding something when you're given the opportunity to learn it better ... that was badly worded but you know what I mean"

All of us slightly laughing and nodding in agreement as we enters the canteen area,  heading towards the few tables our group normally occupies.

A chorus of hello's came from the people on our table I sat down in between George and Sapnap with Night sitting on the other side of Sapnap with Awesamdude on her other side. Ponk, Techno, Punz, and Antfrost filled in the rest of the seats.

It's strange that techno was sitting with us he normally spends all his time with Wilbur and Tommy them being brothers and all.

It seems Sapnap also noticed, "Hey techno?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you sat with us today, like not that it's bad it's nice we don't get to talk to you much but I was just wondering if everything was ok?"

"Yeah everything is fine I just wanted a sensible conversation for once and I thought you guys might provide that"

I cut in before Sapnap could reply "Well you may have come to the wrong place for that"

"Bruh. But it's still better than Tommy talking about drugs and women all the time"

"Wait he actually does that how old is he like 5?" Night said gaining a few laughs from people unfortunately she said it loud enough for Tommy to hear. This is not going to go well.

"I am 16 actually and I love women they are pog champ, you're lucky that you're new Nightmare otherwise I would fight you and win because I'm a huge man"

"Lucky me you're absolutely terrifying Tommy" Night reply's luckily Tommy didn't hear the sarcasm.

After that little Tommy encounter everyone turned to their own conversations.

<Nightmare's POV>

*tw implied self harm*

I was still giggling at Tommy's complete oblivion to my overly obvious sarcasm when Awesamdude and Ponk turn to me.

"Hi Night" Ponk opens

"Hi ponk, Hi Sam" I reply kinda glad to have someone to talk to actually.

I was not expecting what Awesamdud asked next "It's ok if you don't want to answer my question like if it's too personal or something but why do you have your arms and hands wrapped in that black cloth like it looks really good I was just wondering if it was more for style or something else?"

Shit.

How the hell do I cover this one up surely the fact that I have probably gone really pale will give me away, I'll just have to put faith in my lying skills reminding myself that Ponk and Awesamdude don't know me as well as Dream and Sapnap do so they shouldn't be able to tell when I am lying as easily. Right?

"Um.. i-it's  just for um style reasons really  I think they look cool and I like to be ready to have to fight at anytime it helps me feel less weak as that is like the one thing I hate" I reply forcing a smile. It wasn't all a lie like it's true they are also partly for fighting purposes.

The looks on their faces indicate they bought it and we settle into a comfortable conversation about my first morning and clothes like the style the boy's wanted to wear but aren't aloud to due to parents.

It was nice. Dreams friends were nice none of them question the knife on my belt if I'm wholly honest I don't know if any of them noticed. They seem understanding so maybe they asked Dream instead as it's obviously not normal to causally bring a hunting knife to school. I don't mind either way they are nice people they have taken me in without even questioning some of my weird antics or why I'm so clever despite not being at school for years they just accepted it as me moving on with their life.

<Niki's POV>

I had my next lesson with  Night, Eret and Sapnap. I saw Eret go up to Night offering to show her where our English class was I follow them with my eyes out of the canteen before walking up to Sapnap.

"Hi Sapnap"

"Hi Niki, how are you?"

"I'm alright, can I ask you something? It's about Nightmare I don't want to intrude tell me if I am is that ok?" I ask kind of nervous because I know full well that my question is intrusive.

"Um ... sure I know you won't mean any harm by it Niki your nice and knowing you your only motive is to get to know them better." He giggles out.

Damn he had me pinned that's literally my exact motivation like no joke. Impressive.

"Yeah thanks for understanding Sapnap. You know you can be very vague with your answer too." He nodded in agreement. I continued " I was just wondering why she always carried a weapon I don't believe it's for protection I thinks it's for something more?"

He paused seeming to weigh up how much he should tell me. "You're right Niki it isn't just for protection... when Night and Dream were 10 their dad died and he had a large collection of weapons, mainly knives.Ever since then she always carried one of her Dads weapons on her person, it's kind of her coping method. I know it's vague but it's not really my place to tell especially as I know it's quite a touchy subject for them."

"Thank you Sapnap. I'm glad you told me you didn't have to it also seems like you have loosened up from telling me. I wouldn't be surprise if this information has been weighing on your mind for a while now. Correct me if I'm wrong but you, Night and Dream have been friends for a long time and are very close so their problems become your own in a strange way. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here I don't care for gossip so don't worry about me telling others as I won't."

Sapnap looked at me and smiled he had an infectious smile that made me smile more.

We got to the door of the classroom he tuned to me and said "Thank you Niki and maybe I will take you up on that offer one day of a chat"

I smiled at him and made my way over to my seat I notice Night is sat next to Eret it's nice he has someone to sit with he used to say he got lonely in English so hopefully now he will be less lonely.

              ———- End of chapter ————

Word count: 1397

N/A
Hi so this story has 3 reads so far thank you so much I know it's not a lot but I didn't actually think people would see this story so thanks. Also do you like the story so far anything you want me to add as I can go and edit what I've written or put it in my plan to be written later. I have 12 chapter currently written this is going to be a long one so yeah hang tight. <3