Chapter 26

<Niki's POV>

I have been texting Night daily after the incident at the tree a few weeks ago, recently like over the last few days she has seemed quite stressed. I am meeting her at lunch by the tree to talk about it, I don't know if she will talk but I'm the only other girl she is friends with so maybe she will open up to me about. Maybe?

I don't want to get my hopes up I just want to help her be less stressed. Maybe I care too much and that's a problem, but there have been no other girls that want to be friends with me a for a couple years now. But when Night came along though she was strange and closed off she was a girl and she is my friend. She is still closed off but she is opening up slightly.

I sit on the bench underneath the tree we agreed to meet at, Night isn't hear yet which is ok as I did get let out from my lesson early. My leg starts bouncing instinctively as I get more and more nervous. Eventually she arrives.

"Night hi." I say running up to he and giving her a hug.

"Hey Niki." She says putting one arm around me and using the other one to stroke my hair. I lean into her warm touch for a minuet just enjoying the embrace. "Wow someone missed me." Night giggles.

I pull away slightly so I could look at her, she isn't much taller than me but tall enough for me to lean my head into the crook of her neck as she hugs me.

"I was worried you seemed stressed." I say in a small voice.

"Aw thank you I'm glad you were but it's all ok now." Night says pulling away completely taking my hand and sitting on the bench.

"Night why were you stressed please tell me." I say giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Ok," she says after a pause, "My mum isn't very good, she is often drunk and forgets about us. I am not going into anymore detail than that as I'm not ready to talk about it yet. But she went to rehab on Sunday hence why I was stressed. Like I was happy that she will be finally gone but I was stressed that her sister who is now looking after us would be the same. But I was stressed for nothing it turns out as my Auntie is a lovely lady she wasn't to help us be happier and is just so much nicer than mum ever was."

She finishes talking all the time fiddling with my hand as she talks, I presume it helps her calm down.

"Oh wow I never realised it was that bad...I'm so sorry is there anyway I can help." I plead truly wanting to help her be happy again.

"I just want you to be here for me as the amazing person, kindest sole and best friend that you already are. I will open up more in time you know but..." she trails off.

"I get it it can be hard to open up sometimes. But remember I'm here for you so are all of us especially me, Punz, Dream and Sapnap. Also even Ranboo he has been worried about you I think he looks up to you, it's quite sweet actually. Can I tell him that everything is ok with you like he doesn't need to worry." I ask.

"Of course, he is sweet and I don't want him to worry about me." She says leaning back on the bench. I hum in response leaning my head on her shoulder. We stay like that just enjoying the company for the last few minuets of lunch before getting up and going to our classes.

——End of Chapter ——