Chapter 18

Nothing too bad in here mention of death in Minecraft little angst at the start but the end is happy :)

<Punz's POV>

She has a cut lip, something isn't right that wasn't there last night. That sparing with Dream excuse was bullshit, somethings going on. I'm angry for some reason, angry that she lied? Angry that she isn't telling me everything? Angry at myself for not knowing that something wasn't ok?

I walk into the canteen to see a single person sat at the table writing in a book, as I get closer to the table I notice it was Night. She must have had her 3rd period free, I take a seat next to her she acknowledges my presence with a little wave of her free hand but continues writing. It looks like an essay probably for English, she eventually finishes it and turns to me, "Hey sorry I was writing an essay for English how are you?"

"I'm alright tired tho, but I'm worried about you." I say.

"Why you know I'm ok and that I can handle the episodes." She says lowering her voice so no one will over hear us.

"I know that but that's not why I'm worried, that cut on your lip...it wasn't there last night." She looks down at her hands, knowing that I'm right. "What happened last night after I left you? Why the cut don't tell me it was sparing as that lie is bulshit." I whisper shout at her. I'm angry she won't tell me we are meant to be best friends.

"I'm sorry Punz, I've never really opened up to anyone properly it's hard there are so many things you don't know about me and my life. I'm trying to open up I really am it's just hard," I notice a single tear runs down her cheek I bring my hand up to wipe it away but a soon as I touch her she flinches, that's when it clicked. Everything all the cuts and bruises she has, her ability to fight, her cut lip just everything about her, it all points to this one thing.

"Night I'm sorry what's happened to you, I don't know and I don't think I can even begin to understand but I want to help you. In any way possible that's what best friends do ok." I say as a few more tears run down Nights cheek, I pull her into a hug whispering sweet nothings into her ear to calm her down. It seems to work because after about 5 minuets she stopped crying.

"Come one leats go outside for a bit there is a forest area out the back of school we can just sit there if you want get away. You could even attack a tree." I giggle at the end.

"Thank you Punz." She says putting her stuff in her bag and following me out.

We get to the forest area out the back of the school and Night immediately finds a tree to climb, I try and follow her up the tree which Turin's into Night pulling me up the tree abut as she's a better climber. Probably as she is tiny and nimble. We sit up there making small talk about our day and what we have next, whilst eating our lunch. It was kinda difficult to balance up a tree and eat I nearly fell a few times but Night stopped me.

"Do you hear that," Night says scurrying down the tree, "Niki what are you doing here?"

I follow her down to see Niki at the foot of the tree looking worried she was pale and she was hugging her hands around her waist, she looked like she could fall over at any minute.

"Niki are you ok you don't look it do you need to sit down?"

"Yes please I need to talk to you two well mainly Night but Punz you can stay." She says as I reach out an arm to help her guessing her to a near by bench.

"Why are you lying Night I thought we were friends I know you didn't get that cut from sparing with Dream. I can imagine Punz has just had a similar talk with you, and I know Sapnap talked to you about it this morning judging by the look on his face." She pleaded.