Chapter 40

<Nightmares POV>

"You've gotten good, its been a while Night." A familliar voice says from behind me.

I instinstinctivly push Niki and Punz behind me putting my hand on the knife on my belt.

"Step out of the shaddows!" I say coldly but firmly into the dark corner.

James stepps out of the shaddows with his hands up and a cocky smirk on his lips, "You know after all this time i would have thought Dream would be first back here, looks like I was wrong. I wasnt wrong about your ability though you are good, your father would be proud. Been practicing?" I lower my gard slightly James is ok he doent sound like he going hurt us, but that doesnt mean im letting my gard down completely.

"Yeah I've been sparing with Dream. What is it to you, you here to try and get me back into that life because eventhough I apreciate everything you have done for me over the years im not coming back." I say slightly less coldly than before.

"I wasnt expecting you to you made it very clear your decision very clear the last time, infact i still have the scar." He laughs, "I'm not here to hurt you Night i was actually coming here to give you something your father wanted you to have. He always said that if he died on a mission then you should have something he made for you. He left something for Dream too but i dropped that rould your house earlier, the thing for you is here though hidden."

"You dont want to hurt us?" i ask relaxing.

"No, never you are like a daughter to me i could never."

I smile at that normaly people disslike me at sight and then even more when they get to know me so to be told that by him made me happy, and I walways looked up to James between him and Dad they brought me up and taught me everything I know.

I act before I even think running up to James pulling him into a hug and wispering thank you to him.

I pull away, "So um we aren't gunna die?" Punz askes to no one in particular.

"No you aren't," I laugh, "James isnt going to kill you dont worry."

"Thank god id rather not die today." Niki says in a small voice hiding behind Punz slightly.

"Anyway I'll leave you guys now but you remeber the vault that i never let you go into well what you are looking for is in there, with also some sweets that you three can share," he laughs, "I'm not joking like I put them there yesterday to keep them hidden from one of the other members but you guys can have them. The code for the safe is ********* open it and the thing is in a red box. I will probably see you again but it may not be for a while, I hope you all have a good night," He says shaking Punz's hand and hugging Niki, "Oh, last thing you three are really cute together have a good rest of your day." He finishes.

He waves a goodbye and walks out the door leaving us stood there shocked.

"What?" Niki asked after several moments of silence.

"I don't know maybe he heard us flirting or something, how long was he there?" Punz asks shouting the last bit.

"Sweetie calm its fine he wont tell anyone and if he does well ill break his neck." i say in a loving voice contradicting the threat I just made.

"I love how you make threats and sound so sweet." Niki giggles.

"Ok so where is this safe becasue ive been promised sweets." Punz asks causing me and Niki to start laughing.

I grab both of their hands pulling them towards a corner by the table i let go of their hands mementairly to pull up one of the flooring slabs reveling a secure looking safe. I enter in the pin opening up the door its gotta be 6 inches thick, the safe contains a red box and a bag of harribos. Its a tight fit for the box it looks as though the safe was made for the box.