Chapter 23

*Tw drink, abuse ( I'm sorry if forgot them on the last chapter I was very tired but I don't think it was too much sorry )

<Nightmares POV>

God the memories everything rushed back to me, everything that happened to Dad, his friends, the wear house, fighting, training, never being good enough. I didn't notice the tear running down my cheeks I'm to invested in my own thoughts, my own memories, my own failure.

"Night are you alright? Are you crying." Punz says as I lift my head up from his chest. I sit up on the bed pulling my knees into my chest.

Punz pulls me into a hug, I lean my head into the crook of his neck, "I presume meeting those people last night brought back some memories you didn't want to remember."

I just nod in agreement refusing to talk, "Night you don't have to talk but know I'm here for you ok. You can talk if and when you want. But for now I can stay as long as you want me to."

"Thank you Punz your the best." I say. We stay there for a few minuets before I pulled away.

Dream had texted me last night saying Punz is welcome to borrow any of his clothes, so Punz went to Dream's room to chose an outfit. We both got dressed into jeans and a jumper before settling back down onto my bed where I read and Punz just kinda sat there.

"Do you fancy hopping on the smp for a bit or nah idk what to do." I suggest.

He giggles resting his head on my shoulder, "I don't mind, smp sounds good." He says moving over to my pc and sitting on the chair. I put down my book and get a stool but he motions for me to sit on his knee, so I do.

We play for a couple hours until lunch then Punz has to go home as his mum is calling him. He pulls me into a hug before leaving.

The next 3 days drag on slowly, with mum being as abusive as ever drunk as usual. I don't know how much more I can take of it, both me and Dream have split lips when we went to school on Tuesday.

I keep telling myself I only have to endure a few last days of this as my auntie is sending mum to rehab for alcoholism but it gives us a break from her abuse. Finally I won't wake up in pain from a new bruise, or have to worry about bleeding through my bandages.

It's Wednesday, mum is going in on Saturday. We were given the option to have a last goodby with her before she was taken in but we passed as none of us care anymore we want her gone.

I don't have a lesson 1st period or any before lunch if that so I just sit in the Library reading and finishing off a couple essays.

"Hey Night how are you...oh are you ok you look troubled?" Eret asks sitting down next to me.

"Hi I'm....I'm not good." I say, burying my face in my hands.

"What's wrong can I help?" Eret says putting an arm around me.

I stiffen at the touch, and Eret seems to notice, "Night is there something going on at home as I've noticed that you always flinch away from people touch, well most people's. One of my friends acted like you do and they lived in an abusive household. I don't want to intrude you don't have to tell me anything just is there anything I can do to help?" He finishes.

"My mums going to rehab and my auntie is coming to live with us so that will finally stop mum." I say, I know it's vague but Eret understands and if he doesn't then he doesn't press me on it.

"That's great," he laughs, "We should hold a party. Jokes"

"Yeah we should," I laugh in response, "It at least gets rid of one of my problems maybe not all but it's a start."

"I understand." He says, as we continue our work in silence with the occasional few words. I get on well with Eret we may not be best friends but he's nice I like him.

"Hey, you two alright." Ranboo says energetically sitting down across from us with Purpled.

"Hi." Me and Eret say at the same time.

"We don't have a lesson now so we thought we'd find someone in here to chill with. What are you two up to?"

We talked until lunch then making our way over to the canteen. The rest of the day dragged on slowly until it was over; I'd spent the day with everyone, with all my best friends but I'd felt like I was watching myself from outside my own body at times. I was lost in thought, just thinking about what it's gunna be like when mum is gone.

"Night." Dream's voice dragged me out of my thoughts. "Are you ok I know seeing those people from our past must have shaken you but we don't have to worry. We will most likely never see them again, for mum she will be gone soon. I'm telling you by the time she gets out we will be 21 we will have moved out hopefully with Drista too. We are free Night be happy you have everything to live for now ok."

I'm sat on my bed with Dream I don't remember getting here but I'm content he's pulling me into a hug and it's comforting.

"Ok now quit your moping and get on the smp we need to stop Sapnap and George from killing each other Punz has texted saying they are fighting and Awesamdude says help in all caps." I laugh in response getting up and logging onto my pc.

"Sapnap stop killing everyone or I will kill you." I say joining the discord call.

"Oooh I'm so scared." He says criting me with his axe, I start to hit him back causing him to back off and George to start attacking me.

"Sapnap what the hell is wrong with you why are you fighting." Dream says as he also joins the call.

"What you want some, fight me daddy." Sapnap says starting to hit Dream.

"WHAT? What's wrong with you!" Dream shouts.

It went on like this for a while with Sapnap and Dream making many inappropriate comments and after a little bit Geoege and Punz joined them. This left bad shouting language until his voice was horse, Awesamdude kept saying "I hate it here" over and over again, and me well I was in hysterics interspersed with blushes from a few comments directed at me by Punz.

It was a distraction I needed and when I eventually logged off I went to bed happy with a goodnight text from Punz apologising for the comments but the ";)" at the end made me think otherwise.

——End of chapter——

NightmareOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara