Chapter 17

Tw: mention of suiside and blood also a little angst

<Dream's POV>

I wake up earlier than everyone else I quickly check mums room to see if she came home last night, she didn't. Pulling out my phone I text my auntie to see if mum was there, before walking into my room pulling out something to wear before grabbing a quick shower. I get dressed into a pair of black ripped jeans cuffed at the bottom and a lime green hoodie which I tucked a small bit of the front into my belt. I hear Night walk from the bathroom into her room, I debate popping in now and asking for a chain or letting her get fully dressed first. Instead I pack my books into my bag getting everything I need for today.

"Hey I'm guessing mum is still at Aunties house? Also have you had anything to eat this morning?" Night asks poking her head around the door.

"Hi yeah I texted Auntie Sally earlier this morning and she says mum is still there. I haven't had breakfast yet I'll get it now, oh and can I borrow a couple of chains and maybe some armour?" I ask.

"Sure you can borrow chains don't you have your own armour it's in the draw last time I saw it." She says walking out. I follow her into her room and grabbing two chains one long one to go round my neck and clip onto the armour that...I will check for the draw for. And the other I attach to my jeans as I walk downstairs.

"Dream where's mum?" Drista asks, as I walk into the kitchen.

"She's at Auntie Sally's, she went there last night after an argument with Night. Speaking of the devil." I say as Night walks in. 

"Alright?." Night says reaching for the cereal

"Night why is your lip cut what happened?" You could hear the worry in Drista voice.

"Aw don't worry about me," Night says sitting down next to her pulling Drista into a a lopsided hug.

It's cute, I would protect these two with my life, they start whispering something giving me looks before giggling.

"What are you two nutters giggling about?"

"Nothing." They said in unison. I rolled my eyes before grabbing my bag and shoes, "Night you ready to go?"

We all grab our bags and head out with me and Night going one way towards Punz who was waiting for us, and Drista heading the other way towards her school.

<Nightmares POV>

"Morning Punz how are you?" I ask, smiling at him and giving him a hug.

"Oh wasn't expecting that, I'm good tired though mum woke me up early." He says.

"Do I not get a hug Punz?" Dream says pouting.

"I didn't start the hug but yeah I'll hug the homies." He says pulling Dream into a hug.

"Simps." I say under my breath laughing slightly.

We walk to school chatting about nothing really just filling the silence. We get to school joining the group.

Niki moves to stand next to me, "Thank god your hear those two were driving me up the wall," she says pointing to Tommy and Tubbo, "They tried to get me to teach them German but they are hopeless. Oh what happened to your lip?" She said reaching out to touch my lip. I flinch and blush slightly at her touch but let her anyway. "Hey it's ok calm, what happened you want to talk?"

"It's nothing Niki really I was sparing with Dream yesterday evening and he caught my lip cutting it. But I'm fine don't worry." I say blushing harder, she doesn't look like she believes me but doesn't press me for more.

"Niki please come back we're sorry." Tubbo shouts, Niki gives me a sorry look before walking away.

I stand listening to Dream and Punz talk for a bit before Sapnap comes up behind me, "Lying much? We both know that isn't why you got that cut, I'm not cross at you for lying just please be careful." He whispers to me.

"I'm sorry." I say as the bell rings signalling our first lesson.

"Don't be," he says putting a hand on my shoulder, "Don't be sorry just be careful please for me I don't want you hurting yourself badly again."

"I won't." I say giving him a small smile.

He didn't even have to say what injury he was talking about but I know what he was in about. A couple years after Dad died when Mum first started becoming abusive I started to be come depressed almost suicidal. I had taken myself off to the coast sitting on a the cliff, I had felt weak like everything was hopeless. I had lost Dad one of two people who protected me and made me feel safe and happy always, now he's gone left me with Mum, who made my life hell.

Sat on that cliff I had planned on jumping just as I stood up to jump off when Sapnap and Dream shouted my Name from behind me, startling me causing me to fall off. I landed on a ledge breaking my fall and my leg, I was taken to the hospital but had an episode on the way there losing a lot of blood. I was out for 3 days from blood loss and fatigue.

We never talk about it all 3 of us never mentioning it as it's too painful to remember.

I'm dragged out of my thoughts by my first period teacher starting their lesson.

——End of Chapter——