Chapter 24

Thank you so much for 100 reads that's crazy I hope you are enjoying the book so far I have recently started another one and I have some ideas for a one shots book too that I may do. The next book will be completely unrelated and a dream smp/ Hermitcraft story so yeah I can't wait. :)

*Tw mentions of blood and suicide it's only brief tho at the end*

<Dream's POV>

Today's the day, mum is finally going to rehab. Our Auntie Sally is coming to look after us, she doesn't know about what mum has done to us.

Our auntie is a nice lady very in to home cooking, knitting and is very affectionate. Dispute being mums disinter she is a lovely lady, and she's currently sitting on the sofa with mum going over some information about the rehab centre.

Me and night were upstairs in her room just waiting to leave, Sally will be living with us moving in over the next month. It's Sunday so we have school tomorrow where we will tell Sapnap about this.

Hopefully Night will be lest stressed and go back to normal as over the last couple days she's been...off.

"Night! Dream! We are going now come on." Sally called up the stairs.

We get up from the floor where we were sat and walked downstairs getting in the car silently.

The day drags on neither of us talking much we aren't interested in saying goodbye to mum we want her gone. We eventually get home all 4 of us collapsing on the sofa, even though it wasn't the most eventful day we were tired. Well at least I was the others looked it so I presumed they were.

"Ok lovelies it's you and me now for the next 4 years. I am obviously not your mother but respect me as a mother and we will get on just fine. I'm not going to be strict I'll let you do what you want as you're old enough to know what's right and wrong. Ok so you promise to behave and I'll promise to be nice, how does that sound?" Sally says looking at us for approval. Which we give her through a tired nod. "Oh lovelies I will make you some hot chocolate as you seem tired then get an early night as it's been a hard day. Night would you mind helping me find a few things?"

"Sure Auntie." Night says following Sally into the Kitchen.

<Nightmares POV>

I get the hot chocolate out while Sally gets the mugs out.

"Would you mind filling up the kettle whilst I get the milk?"

"Yeah." I say filling up and turning on the kettle.

As we wait for it to boil we talk for a bit mainly about my school and how our day works what we normally do when.

We bring the cups of hot chocolate into Drista and Dream, I sit next to Dream and Sally next to Drista.

"So, I was just asking Night about your day, like what you usually do and when. Correct me if I'm wrong but you all leave for school at 8:00am and get back at 4:00pm." She pauses allowing us to nods in agreement before continuing, "Then you normally do homework or chat with friends or play on Minecraft?."

"Yeah what we do in the evening depends like it changes from day to day." Dream says.

"Right, and at about 7:00pm you have tea ( Dinner ), without your mum? Did you normally make it yourself?"

"Yup we often are alone rarely with mum." I say.

"Oh well you guys don't have to worry about that I will sort out tea for you each night from now on." She finishes smiling at us.

We all smile back and continue to chat until we finish our drinks, then head off to bed.

I get changed into some joggers and a t shirt to sleep in, brushing out my hair. I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth, where I see Sally coming out of.

"Oh honey sorry I didn't realise you were waiting."

"It's alright I haven't been waiting long Auntie." I smile.

"I'm glad, anyway have a good Night sleep I will see you in the morning." She pulls me into a hug but I flinch instinctively, I didn't mean to but it's engraved into every bone in my body I can't help it. Mum cause me to be like this she fucked me up so bad that I can't touch someone without being scared. Sally seems to have noticed my flinch.

"Night why did you flinch I'm not going to hurt you." She said giving me a worried look.

I couldn't meet her eyes.

"I know." I say unconvincingly giving her a sad smile.

"We will talk about this ok." She says before leaving to go to her room.

I get into the bathroom to brush my teeth but end up coughing up my lungs into the toilet. I collapse back onto the bath still coughing but no blood was coming out, tears streaming down my face.

I stayed there for I don't know how long but Dream eventually came in, sweeping me up and putting me into my bed. I whisper out a tired thank you before he places a kiss on my forehead and left. I fell into a deep sleep, maybe I dreamed maybe I didn't, my mind was going around in circle thinking about everything.

What do I have left now mum is gone, do I even have a purpose now she's gone and my siblings are safe, do I have a reason to be here anymore.

——End of Chapter——