Chapter 16

Hi thank you so much guys this book has 69 reads and that's  amazing I almost don't want anymore reads 😂. Thank you all so much. <3

<Nightmares POV>

"I guess I'll start from the start I have a disease and so does Dream. It's called Hanahaki disease, we learnt about it in biology last week." I pause to give Punz a breather, I have just shoved a lot of information on to him. "It's only seen in twins but even then it's rare, it's cause by a mutation in our DNA."

"What are it's symptoms?" He asks running his hands through my hair.

"It causes us to cough up blood, like you have seen, nose bleeds. There area few more but they are small things that are often combated by the medicine. Like even if I take the medicine sometimes I can have a really bad episode that can then cause some of the smaller symptoms to happen. They are things like raw throat, fatigue etc. You can google it." I explain.

"Will you die from it." he says voice breaking and tears starting to fall.

"Aw Punz," I say turning around to face him, sitting with my legs either side of his so I'm straddling him. I pull him into a hug wiping away a few stray tears. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying here with you and everyone. Ok? Hanahaki will not kill me, I am too stubborn to let it." I say earning a little giggle from Punz.

I pull away from the hug putting my hands on either side of his face making him look at me. I wipe a tear away from his eye, "I'm sorry you had to find out this way. But I'm glad that I no longer have to lie to you."

"I'm glad about that too. God you made me cry how could you." He says laughing before pulling me into another big hug. After about 10 mins he pulls away, "Slender?"

"Absolutely." I say adjusting how I was sat to face the screen.

The rest of my time with Punz's family we had dinner and just a shed load of fun. I say goodbye and text Dream that I'm on my way back, before walking back.

"You know you didn't have to come with me it's literally 10 doors down." I say to Punz as we walked back to my house.

"I did several reasons one mum would have killed me if I didn't at least offer and 2 it's dark and you never know who could be lurking."

"Dude your talking about me here the first one makes sense but the second one,"

"Yeah yeah yeah I know but I'm big and intimidating." He says cutting me off.

"Sure you are." I say pulling him into a hug, "I'll see you tomorrow sleep well."

"You too." He says before walking away as I make my way inside.

"Oh thank goodness your home safe anything to report?" Dream says as I walk into my room.

"Why... you know what I'm not gunna ask. Um nothing really Punz saw an episode but I'm fine now I had to tell him about that. Only he saw so don't worry."

"Um ok not worrying. Ok so that's good at least. On my end nothing has happened mum didn't come home from work she phoned saying something really quick about going to her sisters." He says, "any way I'll let you sleep you look tired as am I I wanted to make sure that you got home safe."

"Thanks now go to sleep you look tired." I say placing a kiss on his forehead.

We hear the front door close, that must be mum.

"I'll go see her you sleep." I say, Dream nods in response before walking over to his room as I walk downstairs.

I see mum stumble across to the kitchen, she's drunk yay that means she's more likely to be abusive.

"Nightmare where were you."

"Hello mum I was at a friends house." I say bitterly.

"You have friends I didn't realise anyone wanted to be friends with..you." She said slurring slightly. I just hummed in response.

"So you left your sister alone."

"No Dream was here, but I noticed you weren't here either." I shoot back, "where were you."

She gets really close to me, "Listen here you ungrateful brat I do everything for you. And what do I get in return, nothing!" She whisper shouts.

"Oh because your the perfect mum aren't you."

Before I could even react she punches me her ring cutting open my lip. "I'm leaving I do so much for you and you never seem grateful I'm going to my sister."  She says walking out the house.

I run to the bathroom to tend to my cut to try and hid it as I have school tomorrow. Dream walks in having heard the door slam, "Shit," he says when he sees the cut, "That's gunna leave a scar."

"What do I tell people."

"Just say we were sparing and I accidentally cut you."

"Thanks your ok taking that right? As we both need to tell the same story for it to be believable."

"I am. Now here's a plaster then you need to go to sleep. Please as it's late." I nods putting the plaster on before taking myself off to bed.

——End of chapter——