Chapter 22

<Nightmare's POV>

"Hands up if you want to live." A gruff voice says from behind us.

We all immediately put our hands up.

"Now turn around." Another voice says.

I turn around first to face well built men, one holding a gun and the other two with knives. I feel Punz shift closer to me clearly scared.

"Well well well what we got here. 4 teenagers we can probably get something for them, or murder them for fun." The first man laughs.

I roll my eyes like seriously they don't recognise me and Dream as I sure recognise them.

"Little lady I don't like that attitude." The second man says.

"Really James you don't even recognise me." I say to the first man.

"What the hell are you doing." Punz whispers to me.

"I don't if we've met before you've changed, give me a way to remeber you." He says lowering his gun slightly.

"All friends are heathens so take it slow." I say with a cocky smile.

They look confused for a split second before replying, "Wait for them to ask you who you know."

"How do you know that?" The third guy, called Scott questioned.

"Alexander Wastaken." That seemed to have worked.

"Night? Dream?" James asked, "Long time no see."

"Back at ya, we had no reason to go back there after the accident and we had school anyway."

"Um we don't deal with outsiders very well." Scott says menacingly gesturing to Sapnap and Punz, who had shifted closer to me still.

"Yeah they say new comers have a certain smell." The third guy laughs, he must be new as I don't recognise him.

"Hmm you all have trust issues not to mention. And anyway these two are with us end of." I say firmly.

"I see you haven't changed Night." James laughs, "You too Dream, we miss you two lodes well you know exactly who miss you and those that don't care. Anyway you two would be welcome back anytime, maybe bring your friend we can teach them."

"T-teach us what." Sapnap stutters out holding Dream's hand like his life depended on it.

"To fight, it's where me and Night learnt. I promise there are nice people there they aren't all scary." Dream says reassuring Sapnap.

"True James is actually lovely like really kind he was like an uncle to us." I offer.

"Thanks Night is probs one of the scarier members." James laughs in return. "Why don't we offer you a ride home it's the least we can do."

"So you won't kill us?" Punz asks.

"No we won't."

"Oh thank fuck. Also what about my car I drove us here we kinda have a ride here. Not that i am not accepting your offer it's just a question." Punz asks.

"We have a large van so we can tow it for you. I'm aware it's a bit odd but you understand." James smiles putting away his gun completely. Walking towards their car beckoning us to follow.

"Don't make any sudden moves." I whisper to Punz before taking his hand and walking.

He gives my hand a squeez as he walks after me.

We sit in the back of their truck, Scott and the other one driving and James is in the back with us. Sapnap and Punz poor things look terrified, they haven't let go of mine and Dream's hands all journey.

"How did I get here, sitting next to you in here?" Punz says.

I laugh, "You never know the psychopath sitting next to you."

"You never know the murderer sitting next to you." James shoots back at me.

"Low blow man." I laugh.

This little exchange made Punz more tense not relaxed.

My phone pings.

Punzo
Can I stay at yours tonight?
I'm scared.

Of course Punz.
Dream's staying at Sapnap's anyway.

He shifts a little closer for me as we pull up at Sapnap's house. Dream and Sapnap get out and go into Sapnap's house as we continue on to my house.

Me and Punz get out, say goodbye and walk into my house.

I see Drista on the couch asleep so I pick her up and carry her upstairs with us and into my room. As we walked past mum's room I hear her snoring.

"God I thought I'd never have to see them again we left for a reason. Fuck. I mean it was nice to see James, I want lying when I said I missed him but, fuck." I say when we get into my room.

"Hey it's alright. I presume it was something to do with your parents, you don't have to tell me anything now you understand when your ready and if you want to." He says pulling me into a hug.

I cuddle into his chest and whisper thanks you.

"Ok come on let's get some sleep and forget about what happened."

I nod in agreement, giving him some of Dream's clothes to change into.

<Punz's POV>

I changed into the sweatpants and t-shirt in the bathroom before going back to Nights bedroom.

I see her sat on the bed reading a book, "What's the book?" I ask sitting down next to her.

"The art of war." She reply's putting the book down. "I'm at the end of the chapter anyway."

I lie down next to her putting my arm around her and she puts her head on my chest.

"Thank you Night you are an amazing friend, I don't know what I did to deserve you but I'm glad you're here." I say giving her a little squeeze and drifting of to sleep.

                       ——End of chapter——

Hiya thank you all so much for the support I have something cool to show that I'm really proud of.