10. JJ- Angry Break-Up mood

I finished glazing the cinnamon swirls with the egg wash, and slid the tray into the oven- shutting the door behind them. 

It had been a long, stressful week for me, and a bit of baking would be the way to calm everything on my mind and take it off everything. But now I had to clean up the flour and sugar I had spilled.

Putting my hair in a ponytail, I started cleaning my workspace and the residue on the floor. It was much to my surprise when someone slapped my behind as I was bent over whilst cleaning my surface.

I whirled around and brandished my spatula, bringing it down on whatever was there.

"As, shit!" They yelled, clutching their arm.

"JJ? Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, crouching down to his level and rubbing his arm. "I didn't realise it was you!"

"Who else would it be?" JJ groaned, rubbing his arm quickly.

"I don't know but I wasn't expecting that action." I stated, trying to think of things I could do to ease his pain. "You want an ice-pack?"

"Nah, it's fine." JJ shook his head and sighed. I looked at my spatula and felt even worse as I realised I had snapped it in half from hitting him to hard with it. 

"Are you sure? I can-"

"Just stop." JJ declared harshly before sighing again. "It's fine."

I just nodded and played with my fingers behind my back as he stood us and shook his head before leaving the room and going to the bedrooms. I turned around and gave a groan of frustration once he had left, also balling my hand up into a fist and slamming it against the marble counter. 

This week really hadn't been my week. First of all I twisted my ankle, then I started my period, then I'd found out that my sister was in hospital from lack of blood and passing out, and then I found out from Simon that JJ was 'avoiding me', not to mention that my work business had a 23% decrease in sales since last month... And now I'd accidentally hurt my boyfriend who had apparently been avoiding me. 

And why would JJ be avoiding me?

I sat down on the sofa and rubbed my temples, closing my eyes and speculating my mood. I could hear JJ recording a video of some sort in the other room, his loud laughter giving me a headache. 

I got up from the sofa a few seconds later and rolled my neck, clicking it painfully. The cinnamon rolls would probably be done.

I walked over to the oven and stepped back when steam piled out as I opened it. I reached out and tried to pick the tray up before pulling my hand back and screaming 'SHIT!" as I burnt my hand against the tray.

Of course I had forgotten to put on the fucking oven mittens.

I slipped my hands into the oven gloves and picked the tray out of the oven, leaving them on the counter before shrugging the mittens off and closing the oven. I may have had a pretty bad week, but at least I had some nice warm pastry to snack on. 

I picked up a swiss roll and put my hand under it, biting into the flaky pastry and sweet cinnamon. It was perfect. Now I just had to make some icing.

I brought the icing sugar out of the cupboard and added warm water before giving it a mix. The icing sugar and water soon made a thick paste of icing, which I spread over the cinnamon swirls.  I was so submerged in my own little world of decoration, I jumped from shock as JJ gave a scream in his room, also accidentally dropping the glass bowl of icing onto the floor. 

I managed to jump out of the way before the bowl hit the floor and shattered, before groaning.

"For FUCK'S SAKE!" I yelled.