46. ArthurTV - Movie Night

Arthur felt his heart going again, fast as a hummingbird, booming in his chest and causing his head to sweetly ache, his mouth going dry and fingers feeling tingly as she walked in.

Her cropped-short chestnut hair fell gracefully down the sides of her face, eyes bright and glowing with the magnitude of a thousand galaxies. Her cheeks were dusted a pleasant pink, like petals of the most alluring flower and her vivacious smile and jokes only made the pounding in his chest more severe.

Every time he saw her, he couldn't help himself.

She really was everything he could ever think to dream of. All his friends knew it as well, as from the moment he'd first seen Luna he'd stopped in conversation, choked over his words and began coughing whilst the other boys' heads swivelled behind to see what had caused the disturbance- their eyes landing on George's pleasant roommate.

Whenever Arthur had gone 'round to George's for drinks or to record, he always put in that little bit of extra effort in his appearance, trying to coordinate his shoes with his shirt and fluff his hair a bit more so that when she saw him she'd maybe one day reciprocate his feelings for her.

And talking to her for the first time opened up a whole new feeling in Arthur's chest.

The way her voice was pleasantly lower, the way her eyes crinkled into gentle crescents when she smiled at his stuttered joke, the way her eye contact didn't feel forced or awkward... And the way she'd quickly wrapped him in a hug before she left made Arthur's heart go wild, and he pondered whether she could feel his pounding heartbeat as she rested her head against his chest whilst they embraced.

But no matter how much Luna opened up and spent time with Arthur, he couldn't find it within himself to pluck up that courage and say those words. Ask her out on a date, invite her 'round, tell her that he thought she was the most beautiful presence he'd ever come to known.

Cam nudged his arm with a grin as he spotted Arthur's daydreamy face.

"Someone's up with the fairies again," Cam laughed as Arthur snapped back to his conversation with the other two boys, Alex looking at Arthur with a similar all-knowing smile.

It was easy for those two- their girlfriends were the first ones to them out for drinks one weekend. Arthur didn't even know whether Luna would want to go out with him... And he was too nervous to find out.

George called from the other room after a moment, cheering as the projector switched on- casting the movie onto the blank wall perfectly.

The boys began taking their seats on the sofa, Arthur squidged between George and Cam with Luna besides George. George noticed he was between the couple, a grin lighting on his face as he remarked:

"Eurgh, I don't want to sit next to you, Luna- swap with me, Arthur, please." He flashed a wink as he wingmanned Arthur, Luna not noticing George's plan but still taking his joke just fine as Arthur did indeed swap places next to George, so that he could feel his shoulder brushing against Luna's.

"That's completely fine by me," Luna responded proudly. "I'd actually prefer to sit next to Arthur than yourself, thank-you-very-much."

Arthur's face flushed bright red, and George snickered as he noticed before playing the movie, dimming the lights with the remote as well as everyone settled to watch the film. Arthur could feel Luna's body heat and was overly conscious of how her knee rested to the side of his own leg, bouncing up and down every so often against his.

It felt as though it took an hour before Arthur was at ease, able to ignore the sweet scent of Luna's signature perfume and focus on whatever played on the screen.