44. Aj Shabeel - Migrane (requested)

"WAKE UP, NIA!"

I groaned as I felt a body land on top of mine, sending harsh rings through my ears.

"Aj, please, get off..." I forced my head under the blanket, pulling a pillow over my head for good measure. My head felt as though it were still ringing, and I had chills running up and down my spine.

"What do you-" Aj's rambling paused as I felt his lift his head up to survey my huddled figure under the sheets. "You good, babe?"

I shook my head under the covers, wanting the world to swallow me alive. I'd never had a headache like this- from the moment I woke up all the way at 6am- all the way to what I could only assume was late morning, given the sun had risen and was reflecting all over my room, only making my symptoms worsen.

"What's going on, do you feel sick?" I felt the cover gently pull away from my back before I felt Aj's soft tracksuit against my back, his fingers softly threading through my hair and running down my scalp soothingly before he pressed a soft kiss onto my forehead.

If there was one thing I loved from Aj, it was when he got soft- when his jokeful and witty demeanour was cast away, and he only showed his gentle, domestic side through hugs and kisses until I couldn't breathe. Domestic rat I would call him through laughs- though the real laugh was when for my birthday he bought me a hamster, called Rat.

"I don't know, my head feels like shit and I-I... I feel like I have a cold but worse..." I sniffed, nestling backwards to keep the contact against Aj's body- finding some sort of comfort in it. "My head's throbbing, the light hurts, moving hurts..."

I felt him pull away momentarily, hearing the sliding of blankets and Aj's movement before my back came back into contact with him.

"What are you doing?" I groggily asked, straining my energy to roll over and face him, blocking out the majority of the light within the room by shading my eyes with the blanket.

"Googling what the best pain relief is... for a migrane... I want to assume you have a migrane." Aj spoke slowly as his eyes scanned the side of the laptop, fingers dancing across the keypad before returning to my head, gently massaging the scalp as he read. I sighed appreciatively, leaning into his touch and closing my eyes peacefully. It was moments like which I loved- where it was just AJ and I- nobody else between us disrupting the peace. "I'll be back in a second- I'm just gonna run down to the corner shop and get some paracetamol and then I'll be right back, okay?"

"Nooo, stay with me, please..." I threaded a hand through his which lay on my head, pulling the blanket down so I could look up at Aj- his big brown eyes full of care and concern. "Don't leave me alone like this..."

He brushed his thumb over the back of my hand, leaning down and pecking my cheek before detaching his hand.

"I want to stay with you too baby, but you're so sick right now you're gonna feel miles better when you have some paracetamol, okay?" He pressed another chaste kiss to my forehead and on top of each eye before pulling away with a smile. "And you don't have to be alone- I'll ask one of the boys to come up and give some company- who do you want to stay with you whilst I'm gone?"

To be frank, I didn't want to be around any of the Beta Squad boys. They were great when I was feeling okay- I could always have a good laugh and find entertainment with any of them- but when my head felt like it was being bashed by a baseball bat I felt as though they'd be too loud to be good company.

"Whoever you find, I don't mind..." I responded quietly, smiling back before he left the room. "Aj!" I called just as he exited the room. He turned back, eyes wide, waiting to hear what I had to say. "Love you."