66. G Clarkey - Snow [CHRISTMAS SPECIAL☃️]

"Merry fuckin' Christmas, Georgie."

You wrapped your arms around his middle and pressed your face into his fuzzy jumper, feeling his own arms wrap around your shoulders at the door, squeezing you gently. 

"Yeah happy late Christmas," He wished with a laugh. Everyone was in that fulfilled period between Christmas and New Years- still lethargic and weighty from their Christmas dinner all those nights ago, despite the days being filled with lazing around and gladly doing absolutely nothing.

George had come back from his Christmas up in Bristol with his family, you from up North- and the rest of your little community from all their individual hometowns.

Opening the door wider, you welcomed George in (wrapping a little tinsel scarf around his neck) as the other friends cheered behind you. Everyone who had come home a few days early had gathered in your apartment for a little movie marathon day- everyone still trying to drag out the lazy days of doing fuckall. Will cuddled with Mia, Alex and Alice, and Cam and Chloe doing similarly- along with Arthur Television sat on Chris' lap in the rocking armchair in the corner. 

"Budge up, we need two more to fit on this sofa-" You flapped your arms, telling the cutesy couples to shuffle up. Mia was happily sat on Will's lap, Alice's head resting on Alex's shoulder- with Chloe's legs splayed across Cam's lap- feet dangling off the edge of the sofa.

It was fair to say that the sofa was not able to accommodate two more people.

"Just cuddle on the other armchair over there like Arthur n Chris have- they're managing," Chloe suggested- and to reinforce Chloe's point- Arthur pecked Chris' cheek. Chris gave him a that screamed why the fuck did you just do that, to which Arthur just shrugged happily. 

You on the other hand already had a rouge tint spreading across your cheeks even at the thought. It was all fine and dandy having George become such a good friend over the past year- but it just wasn't enough. There was something so pretty in the way he smiled, something so dazzling in his brilliant blue eyes, something so capturing in his jokes and the way he held eye contact just long enough for you to start getting butterflies-

George crossed the room, taking a seat in the arm chair and patting his lap- looking to you with that George Clarkey grin that always had you melting like putty in your middle, unable to look away and yet fighting to look away as you could feel your cheeks going red. 

"You gonna keep standing around or take a seat and get the marathon started?"

Chloe pressed play on the first movie: Home Alone, as you lowered myself onto George's lap cautiously- not wanting to put all your weight down. Sitting on the very edge of his lap, hands awkwardly folded over your legs, and George just chuckled as he noticed how uncomfortable you looked.

You looked right at him- legs spread slightly, hands resting openly on either arm of the chair- feet securely planted on the ground, pushing and rocking the two of you back and forth gently. 

"You look uncomfy," He whispered, trying not to disturb the group that was clearly immersed in the starting scenes. 

"Just a tad." You responded with a shy sort of smile. He let out a humoured exhale, his arms slipping around your upper back and the back of your knees- easily lifting you as though you weren't just trying to make sure you didn't put all your weight on him in fear he wouldn't be able to take it.

"C'mere-" He planted you square across his lap- your back resting against his shoulder so that you could lean your head back and into the crook of his neck- your legs dangling off of the chair's arm. Pulling a blanket from the side of the sofa, he draped the two of you in it- tucking it around your neck so that you were entirely covered from the head down.