Chapter 42

Present Day

Cash

I sat in my all white jag waiting for Rock to pull up. The weekend just started and business was moving heavy. I opened up my glove compartment to grab the sour I had stashed. Shit I had to stimulate my mind..bad. Payton pregnancy been driving a nigga crazy. She cries all the time, one minute she wants to be up under me the next minute she yellin and throwin shit at me. But let me not get started on that weird craving shit she be having. I went down stairs to grab some juice and there was an open box of starch in the refrigerator. Come to find out Payton been eating that shit with a big ass spoon like it was ice cream. But peep this shit... A nigga been having cravings too.. ain't that some shit.

I rolled me a fat blunt, I was parked outside of the warehouse which seemed vacant to outsiders who had no clue that was the spot.

"Damn where this nigga at" I sparked up the extendo. I cracked the window some..didn't want to hot box my shit. The car was semi on, Syndrome by Chinx played throughout the car. I leaned my head on the head rest. I was high as fuck, and this was exactly what I needed. A loud knock came from the passenger side. I instantly snapped back to reality.
Rocko was freshly dressed as all ways. He sported some robin jeans a white t and some crispy wheat timbs. He hopped in the passenger seat damn near dropping the jay that he snatched out my hand.

"Damn nigga you almost dropped the jay" we both burst out laughing. Soon after he sat in the car he reached over and we dapped each other up. Rocko took a puff of the extendo and we begin discussing business.

"Real talk I'm not fucking with no more outsiders, that shit with Torch and his brother was out of pocket, yo none of that shit would have went down if we did proper research on them cowards from the jump" I started to get angry at the flashback that played in my head, them niggas had me fucked up. I quenched my jaw tight. Rocko noticed how angry I was.

"Cash listen, I know that shit that happened was fucked up.. But you gotta understand that in this game shit like that is liable to happen.. Mother fuckers gon test you on a regular fam.. but that shit that went down was a lesson that the whole team learned from. We made a lot of shit right every since and niggas know not to test us. The bodies weren't found. I let my young niggas take care of that. Everything is set.. Cash real talk don't let that shit get you. I'm saying my nigga you gotta lil shawty that's on the way.." I cut Rocko short.

"Yeah you right I gotta daughter on the way and she deserve to see her daddies face everyday... I don't wanna be no dead beat father, shit I'm out here providing for my family but that shit won't make up for the time that gotta be spent with Payton and my daughter. Yo Rock I've been thinking bout this shit everyday.."

"Oh I get it man" Rocko sat up in the passenger seat with the jay up to his lip.

"You want out?" He questioned.

"If seein Payton and my daughter every hour of the day means I want out.. So be it" I could tell the thought of me getting out the game had Rocko stuck.

"Damn Cash, you my partner.. Shit we more than partners we fuckin brothers.. We came into this shit together and been touchin money every since... But I hear you this shit gettin old I know man." A smile crept up on Rocko face. He gave me a brotherly hug.

"Nigga you being a softy.. Fuck outta here" I joked. We laughed some more.

"So how long you think you need?"

"I say another 2 months or so.. You know" I turned off the car placing one hand on the steering wheel.

"I'm handing the business over to you." Rocko took his hat off and ran his hands over the top of his head only to place his hat right back on.