Chapter 36

Payton

I had this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen. I couldn't shake this feeling either.

I was on my way to Princess house to talk to her. I called up Cash, he answered on the second ring.

"Hey baby" I spoke nervously

"Wassup, you miss me already?" He joked but I sighed.

"You straight?" I could tell I had his full attention because I could no longer here the tv in the back.

"Nah, I got this bad feeling"

"Like what?"

"You know like some bad gon happen, you ever get that feeling?"

"Too often, but I'm on my way. You made it to Princess house yet?" I heard him grab for his car keys.

"I'm right around the corner from her house"

"Ight I'll be there shortly, I love you"

"I love you too"

Phone call ended

I pulled up in the garage of Princess house. I noticed Jojo walking towards the house too. Good thing cuz I was meaning to talk to her too.

"What happen to your face? Why are you bloody?" I started to worry I was concerned about Jojo for once. She looked like she had a lot of shit to tell me by the expression on her face.

"Look, Torch has a twin brother Blaze and he wants revenge on Cash so he's on his way to kill you and Princess. His worker tried to kill me but I got away"

My heart damn there jumped out of my chest.

"How do you know all of this? You working for him?" I stepped back.

"No... I mean yes, he told me I had to or else I would die.. He was waving crack in my face and I couldn't resist"

"You fucking risk my life for crack.. YOU FUCKIN TRIFLING ASS BITCH HOW COULD YOU"

I was ready to jump dead on this bitch.

Princess came walking out the front door.

"What the hell is goin on ou-"

POW POW POW POW POW

Bullets were flying everywhere everything went black.

***

I swear my entire life flashed before my eyes like how people say what happens when they are dying.

At first it went black but then I opened my eyes and everything was white and misty. I heard a familiar voice and it was Princess.

"Princess" I ran towards her and we hugged. She had on all white but I had on the same clothes.

We hugged for several minutes and no words were being said.

"Hey, you remember when you were a lil girl and I would buy you a 50cent pickle with a red hot sausage and you would eat it together"

"Yeah Auntie, you always got them for me whenever you took me to the corner store"

"Yeah because ya lil behind would cry and beg me for them, you remember that too?"

"Yeah I do" we both laughed.

"Where are we Auntie? Our we dead? You leaving me Auntie? Please don't go, this is all my fault? I did this to you" I started to cry in her lap. She ran her fingers thru my hair.

"You listen to me, you hear me" I looked up at her.

"Yes I hear you"

"This is not your fault, don't blame yourself Payton. I'm not mad at you that's all that matters right?"

"Yes"

"You go back because they said you don't belong here and they sent me here to tell you to turn back around oh and another thing... Please promise me that you'll have my grand daughter, she's gorgeous plus she looks just like you"

I heard numerous voices somewhere beyond the light.

"I promise Princess, How do I go back?"

My mind was already made once I saw

how bad I hurt Cash. I was having this baby I just need to make it out alive.

"Just wake up"

I closed my eyes and opened them up again.

Cash

I tried my hardest to get over to Princess house in time but I didn't make it in time. I spotted police lights from the corner.

"FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK" I parked my car two blocks away and walked towards Princess crib.

There was yellow tape blocking off the crime scene. I heard a women yelling at me but I ignored her.

I needa find Payton.

"EXCUSE ME SIR, YOU CANT CROSS THAT LINE GET YOUR ASS BEHIND THE YELLOW TAPE"

"FUCK YOU, I NEED TO SEE MY GIRL" detectives were running towards me. I don't like police and I won't say shit to them.

"I NEEDA SEE MY GIRL, GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME"

"SIR CALM DOWN FIRST, I need you to identify a body for me. Come this way" the Puerto Rican detective signaled me to follow her.

There was a black bag on a stretcher and the paramedics people unzipped the bag. I held my hands behind my head trying to prepare myself for who's body it would be.

"Sir can you identify this body please?" The detective spoke. She was jotting down notes in a notepad.

"Yes, that's my girlfriends aunt. Princess"

"Sir that's a nickname do you know her full name?"

"I DONT FUCKIN KNOW HER FULL NAME, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FACE" I spotted another stretcher with Payton laid across on it. She had a bunch of shit connected to her.

I ran over to the ambulance.

"That's my girlfriend, I'm riding with her"

The paramedics didn't ask any questions they just pulled her inside.

I was sitting beside Payton holding one of her hands in mine. I'm fucking torn right now. I can't lose Payton. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Then I thought about are baby. This shit is stressful.

I heard the box beeping and the doctors were yelling it's a flat line.

"WAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON? SHE'S PREGNANT WAT THE FUCK MAN"

"SIR YOU NEED TO LET US DO OUR JOB" they were holding me back.

"Where gonna have to resuscitate her"

"CLEAR"

"LET ME GET TO HER GOT DAMNIT" I was crying and I was fighting with the security that rode along in the back of the paramedics with us. They didn't budged tho.

"CLEAR" they shocked her again.

"We gotta heart be" the older white lady shouted.

I could breath again. We were now at the hospital and I had to wait in the waiting room until a doctor came to speak with me.