Chapter 24

Payton

I'm so happy that me and Jojo are on speaking terms. I mean it feels good to finally have that gap filled. I was feeling empty and I had so much hate in my heart.

I decided to put all of that to the side. Jojo hasn't given me a reason not to trust her. Lately we've been going out and spending some time with each other.

Princess is happy for us, the fact that we finally talked brought tears to her eyes. I'm not surprise tho because Princess can get emotional too.

Today I was thinking about taking Jojo shopping, my treat. Her clothes are dingy looking and it's embarrassing. Sorry but this lady needs some new clothes.

I woke up early and looked to the side to see no Cash. He didn't even come home last night. I picked up my phone so fast to dial his number.

I heard his phone ringing and it was coming from downstairs. He didn't pick it up either. I made my way to the living room.

Cash was sound asleep on the couch. He won't be getting away with this. I grabbed the couch pillow and slapped him across his head. His eyes shot open, they were blood shot red.

"C'mon Payton stop." He demanded. I didn't give two fucks.

"Yeah nigga rise and shine, where was yo ass last night? Huh?" I folded my arms up.

"I had to handle some business." I slapped him with the couch pillow again. He held his hand out to grab it. I was too quick.

"Ayeee, quit it girl... Payton stop." He yelled, but I hit him some more.

"Don't lie to me Mekhi.." I simply said. He took the pillow out my hands and balled it up in his hands with his head down.

"STOP GIRL DAMN, MOVE" I sat on Cash lap and placed him into a choke hold. He gripped on to my ass and made me laugh so I let him go.

"Is that your word? Or you bullshittin me, don't try to play me for a fool cuz I'll be all over that ass like white on rice.." I was now being serious with him.

"That's my word Payton." I studied Cash for a few but I couldn't read him and his eyes were blank. This isn't over tho, if I find out it's some other bitch.. Then it's over.

Cash phone started ringing and he went for it but I was already on it. I took the phone and placed it to my ear.

"Hello, who is this?" Cash just sat back on the couch. Oh his ass was in deep shit now.

"Dis is Rafael, hello Payton." Rafael chuckled thru the phone. I was embarrassed, I just made a fool out of myself.

"Here, it's for you." I handed the phone over to Cash, he just shook his head.

"Cash I'm sor-" he held his finger up cutting me off.

After several minutes of being on the phone with Rafael. I was debating if I should tell Cash how I felt about getting a real job.

"I have something I wanna tell you." Cash sat back on the couch.

"What?" He was listening but I can tell he was still upset.

"Well, you know how we doin business together and stuff right." Cash was growing impatient.

"Stop beating around the bush, let it out Payton."

"I wanna get a job." I blurred out. Cash looked at me like I was speaking another language.

"You have a job, you're my boss lady."

"No Cash, a real job.. Something that I don't have to keep a secret.. Something that's legal." I was getting fed up.

"Ight, I get it.. You want out, cool." He started to walk up the stairs. I followed behind him to the bedroom.

"CAN YOU STOP AND JUST LISTEN TO ME DAMMIT." I yelled at Cash, he slid his shoes off and then his clothes.

"You better lower you're voice." He said low but stern. That didn't scare me tho, he knew better.

"I want a real job." I wined.

"Are you done?" Cash now had a towel wrapped around his waist. With his arms folded up.

"Fuck you." I shouted and stormed out the room.

I took a shower in the guest bathroom. Found something to wear and left out before he knew it. I still had plans on spending time with Jojo.

I'm going to get me a real job, and I don't give a damn how Cash feels. He needs to support me and the decisions I make as well.