Chapter 19

*Later That Night*

Payton was ready and dressed to kill. Cash waited for her downstairs on the couch as usual.

Payton made her way downstairs and they were heading to the restaurant. Cash took Payton to this Mexican spot called "Tamale's" they were known for having the best dishes.

The valet took the white Jaguar and they both headed in side. Everybody noticed the couple as they hit the scene.

Heads turned and snotty women glared at Payton. They envied Cash and Payton's Relationship.

Payton

We was walking into "Tamales" and I noticed this Spanish bitch looking me up and down.

She wasn't the cutest thing but she did have good taste in clothes.

I just wanna have a good time tonight I don't have time for these hating ass females.

We were now inside the restaurant.

"Hello Mr. King, your table for two is ready.. Follow me." The waiter brought us to our table and pulled out two menus.

I studied the menu carefully. I was hungry and I can go for an appetizer for now.

Cash didn't study his menu because he gets the same thing every time.

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" The waiter waited patiently and took down the drinks plus our appetizer.

"We'll order are food after the appetizer." Cash spoke. The waiter nodded his head and walked off.

Cash was looking at me for a moment. I was blushing from the beginning.

"What.. Damn." I joked.

"Nothing.. How do you feel about Colombia?" I was now giving Cash my full attention. I wonder where he is going with this.

"Ion know, I never been there before.. Why you ask?" I questioned wanting answers.

"I need you to take this trip with me to Colombia." The waiter was back with the traditional nachos we ordered.

"One moment, I'll call you back when we're ready to order." The waiter left after Cash told him to.

"How long? And what for? We goin on vacation?." I was throwing questions after question at Cash.

His facial expressions changed and I wasn't sure where he was going with this.. Well at least I thought I did.

"It's not just a vacation.. It's business." I was getting annoyed. I don't wanna be apart of Cash's drug trade. What if he gets caught and they lock us both up.

"Umm Ion know Cash, I'm scared.. Who knows what can happen to us." I didn't wanna take any chances.

"You trust me right?" Cash folded his hands together.

"Of course I trust you bu-." He cut me off.

"But what? You my girl right." I can't believe he would ask me that.

"You know that already, you shouldn't have to question that Mekhi." I was now starting to get pissed off.

"Look, the choice is up to you.. I won't make you if you don't want to." He was right, he can't make me.

"Okay, I'll go." I blurted out. Cash was now cheesing while he leaned back into the restaurant chair.

What have I gotten myself into. How could I agree to something as risky as this. Am I making a mistake.

It's too late for me to say "no" now because Cash would be disappointed if I took it back. I don't wanna let him down. So I'll just prove to him that I trust him enough to go with him.

It's just now hitting me. All of this shit, my boyfriend who's a big time drug lord, who's also known for killing people and not given a fuck.

I can't turn back now. I have too much pride, Princess would laugh at me and tell me she told me so.

Maybe it won't be so bad.

"What's wrong? You straight?" Cash questioned all concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

"Well, let's toast.." He held up his glass.

"A toast to what?" I said confused.

"A toast to the good life.." Cash chuckled and we both taped our glasses together.

I started to get that feeling I always get. The same feeling I felt when I first saw Cash. He gives me that type of feeling. I don't know I can't explain it.

Something so good to me can be the worst thing for me.

Cash now was reaching in his pocket and he pulled out a Tiffany & co box.

Cash

Payton's eyes got wider when she saw me taking the box out. I handed the box to her.

"What's this.." She asked while shaking the box.

"Open and see big head." She was going to be happy.

"It's a ring.. Oh my god Cash it's beautiful." she handed it to me and I placed it on her finger.

"It's not just any ring, it's a promise ring.. You know, you mean a lot to me." Payton was all in awe.

Yes, I gave Payton a "promise ring" I felt like she needed something to see that I'm not fooling around.

I know taking Payton to Colombia with me is not the best idea but it's the safest for her right now.

Lately I've had this funny feeling that somebody's following me. I ran this idea over to Rocko a few times and he told me I'm just paranoid.

I'm not talking about the cops tho, nah fuck the pigs.. Who ever it is, I can't be taking any risk by leaving Payton by herself. Niggas are shiesty and they'll go after your girl and family first just to get back at you.

I'm not telling Payton this yet because I know she'll freak out. She'll probably leave me and shit.

I don't ever want to loose her, Payton is the best thing that ever happened to me in a very long time.

After this big deal, I plan on taking a break from all this shit, maybe a permanent vacation who knows.

The next couple of days consisted of Payton going back and fourth to Princess house to get all her stuff.

Princess don't really like this idea of her moving in with me but it's Payton's choice at the end of the day.

Mondy doesn't know about this yet and he probably won't agree to this but I know one thing and one thing only.

I'm not dating the family, I'm dating Payton Rose Carter.