Chapter 22

Payton

I was enjoying dinner with Cash. He's always taking me out to the finest restaurants. I love my man he's the best.

I don't know how I'm going to break it to him but I don't wanna do business with him anymore.

I wanna go back to school since I never went to college. I got my high school diploma but that's not enough.

I wanna so something with my life. Maybe go to hair school. I've always wanted to open up my own salon.

I've been thinking about my future and what if I have kids with Cash, my kids will not be in harms way. My money will be legal because I don't plan on doing this shit my whole life. Like Princess said "that money won't last y'all forever."

Hopefully when I tell Cash he'll be on the same page as me. He once told me a while ago that he had plans to take us on a permanent vacation, what's holding him back. We should do it right away.

I guess I can't tell him tonight, it's my birthday and I wanna turn up. I'm still going to bring it up, just not now.

Dinner was amazing and I couldn't stop smiling.

"What time y'all going out tonight?" Cash placed the money in the bill book. The food came up to 120.

"Avery said she'll be at the house to pick me up around 10." It was now going on 8.

"Ight cool, we should get goin then." Cash has been acting strange. Something's up with him. I know my man. He hadn't placed his phone facing down since he's been fooling around with Naomi and that was last year.

I beat the breaks off of that bitch. Let's just say it wasn't pretty at all. Cash got it too. He hurt me bad, I put so much time and trust into our relationship and he wasn't doing that in return.

I was ready to call it quits but over time he showed me that he's got his shit together and I slowly forgave him.

I really hope he's not fooling around because It won't be the same storm like the last one it'll be much stronger and vicious.

I brushed that thought off and remembered that I had to get home and wait for my girls.

It was now 9:55 and Avery called me and said that her and Kaylin were on their way.

Several minutes later I heard Avery beeping. Cash was in the living room he was flicking thru channels.

"That's them, see you later babe." I click clacked over to him to grab my clutch.

"Cmer, gimme a kiss." I pulled Cash face into mine. We kissed and then I left out.

"Where we going y'all, so I can text Cash just in case some pops off." Kaylin turned around to look at me. I was riding in the back of Avery's Lexus.

"This club called "Night Life." I was excited to spend the rest of my night with my girls although I was starting to miss Cash already, I wish he came too.

***

I followed behind Avery and Kaylin. There was already people inside of the club. The bouncer let us in.

Avery told me that we would be VIP tonight.

It was dark and it was strange because there was no music playing. Damn we must be early.

I walked further into the dark club. I took a few steps and then the lights popped on.

"SURPRISE." I looked and saw Cash and his boys, Princess, uncle Mondy, a lot of friends, and some more family.

I didn't expect any of this. Maybe that's why Cash have been acting strange.

"Wow, you guys all of this for me. Who's responsible for this." I said while whipping the few tears that fell. This was amazing.

"It was Cash idea but we all chipped in to help him plan it." Princess spoke. Cash was now on the side of me. I playfully punched him on his arm.

"You got me good." I joked with him. We hugged which seemed almost like forever.

"Happy birthday Payton." He whispered in my ear.

I greeted everyone and moments later dj funk flex got on the mic.

"Alright y'all it's time to turn up with the very special birthday girl, y'all make some noise for PAYTONNNNNN."

He started to play all the lasts songs. I danced to the music. Avery and Kaylin formed a circle around me. We all danced.

My party was a success thanks to Cash, my family and friends. I was enjoying myself.

Two girls holding up sparklers attached to bottles of Rose came over to the VIP. They also had my cake. My eyes lit up, the cake was designed as a Chanel bag.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO PAYTON, HAPPPPPPYYYYY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU." Everyone sang along.

I blew my candles out and everybody clapped. Cash wrapped his arms around me and handed me a birthday present.

"I hope you like it." I placed the gift bag on the club sofa and begin taking the gift wrapping out.

"Babe you didn't forget." Cash bought me the yellow vintage Chanel purse I've been dying to have. It cost a lot since it's vintage.

"Of course not P." I hugged him so tight and planted kissing all over him.

"Payton I can't breath." I didn't care that I was holding him so tight. Soon after I let him free.

I was having the time of my life for the remainder of the night.