Chapter 9

Authors POV

A Few Days Later

Payton woke up and it was going on 12 o'clock. She hadn't plan on sleeping thru this beautiful day.

She yawned and stretched at the same time. She noticed that Avery and Kaylin were no longer in her bed.

She climbed out of her King Size bed and headed towards the bathroom to do her daily routine.

For the past couple of days Payton and Cash have been spending a lot of time with each other.

They've spoke about relationships but soon they put the subject to rest. They both wanted each other but no one has yet made a move.

Payton loves the fact that her and Cash are just strictly friends but she finds herself caught up because she wants him extremely bad.

Payton

Once I got out the shower, I decided to get all cute and shit. I studied my closet and pulled out some high-waisted shorts that had studs on the sides of them and they were also distressed.

I wore a Chicago Bulls jersey that was cropped enough to expose my pierced belly button, thigh high baseball socks and a pair of black platformed converse.

I was looking forward to seeing Cash. I love the bound we have. He's not my man yet tho.

I've been thinking about telling him that I'm ready for us to take another step but I just get shy every time, I should tell him today.

***

"I'm so sad that you girls are leaving me today, I'm going to miss y'all." I opened up my arms so we could share a group hug.

"Awww bitch we gonna miss you more." Avery teased.

"Payton your such a cry baby." Kaylin joked while hugging me.

We've been having so much fun these past few days. This spring break has been the best so far, I'm upset that it has to be cut short since they're parents want them home.

"You should tell Cash to keep you company." Kaylin suggested. Her idea wasn't bad at all.

"You're right Kay Kay, Ima text him later and see wassup." I helped them both pack up their belongings.

"Are you guys thinking about being together." Avery asked.

"We're just friends for now you know and besides I don't wanna rush anything and things don't work out between."

I thought really hard about something like that happening. I would be feeling some type of way.

"You know how big of a drug dealer he is and I don't want you getting caught up in any of his beef Payton." Ugh, not Avery too. She was right tho.

"Don't worry girl, I got this and besides he never brought me around any of that stuff, not once." I explained to her.

"P, Avery is right.. We don't want you getting caught up." Kaylin pleaded.

I know my friends are looking out for me but once again, let me make my own choices.

"Not you guys too, look I know what I'm doing okay so just trust me when I say I'll be just fine." They both looked at me then smiled.

"Okay Payton." They both said before giving me another hug.

A half and hour later, Kaylin's father came and scooped both of them. Now it's just me, myself, and I.

I decided that I just wanted to relax today. Watch some movies or something, nothing major.

I texted Cash to see what he was up too. He texted me back immediately.

Text Message Conversation

Me: Heyy Cash 😊

Mekhi🔜💏: Paytonnnnnn 😏

Me: wyd today?

Mekhi🔜💏: I gotta make a few runs.

Me: 😥 okay Hun.

Mekhi🔜💏: lol big baby 😘 I'll come thru later on.

Me: 😜😏 okay don't forget.

Mekhi🔜💏: ight bet.

I spent most of the day laid out on the couch watching movies on Netflix. I started to get hungry my stomach growled.

I grabbed my house keys and walked to the Conner store since it was only a block away. I could use some fresh air anyway.

There were corny ass thugs in front of poppys. I was preparing myself to be hit on by them.

There was a lightskin boy who looked to be about 19, he was eyeing me down. Ughhhhh.

"Waaaup, beautiful.. Can I get that number." He licked his lips.

"No, I'm good." I simply said.

The yellow boy was embarrassed that I turned him down. The other 3 boys started clowning him.

Before the door closed behind me I heard the yellow boy say.

"She just an ol stuck up bitch anyway." That didn't phase me tho, simple minded niggas like him always seem to call a girl a bitch when they're turned down.

Soon after I picked up a raspberry Arizona and a bag of flaming hot Cheetos.

I paid for my stuff and left out the store. Thank god the group of boys left.

I started to walk back to my house. I heard a car pull up besides me and it was Khalid. Ugh that's just great.

Last time we talked I told him that we shouldn't mess around and he threatened me.

I sped up my pace, I don't feel like the drama today.

He got out his car and headed towards me. My heart started to pound.

"So you just gon keep walking huh?" He was now walking besides me. I turned around to face him.

"What the fuck do you want Khalid? Didn't I tell you to leave me the fuck alone, I must not had made myself clear enough." I was getting annoyed.

"I apologize for calling you a bitch." He said genuinely.

"Apology accepted, now can you go about your business and let me tend to mine." I didn't give a fuck about his apology.

"Not until you let me drop you off at home first." I sucked my teeth. This nigga don't get it.

"Then, will your ass leave me alone." I questioned being a smart ass.

"Yeah, whatever.. Just c'mon." He reached for my arm.

"Nigga get your hands off of me, you already fuckin up." He chuckled and then let me go.

***

Khalid put the car in park and we sat there for a few.

"Look Payton, I don't have beef with you I was just feeling you that's all and I totally understand if you don't wanna fuck around with me anymore." I was shocked at the words that just left his mouth.

"I'm glade we came to an understands ding, now can I go?" I was ready to get out his car.

"Damn wait, let me get a hug first.. For the last time." I agreed and we hugged.

"Alright fool, let me go.. You play too much." I broke loose from his hug.

"Later..." He sped off.

I can't believe what I'm looking at. I turned around to find Cash and he had hurt in his eyes.

"Cash it's not what you think, let me explain." I ran over to him but he turned to walk back to his black Audi.

"Nah, you don't have to explain nothin, I'll see you around ma.. I'm out." He got back in his car and pulled off.

I don't even know what to do at this point. He can't do me like that without letting me explain. I feel like shit.