Chapter 7

"What's going on in here?" I looked up to see my mom standing hunched over in the doorway. I quickly leaned off of Callie and gulped.

"We're just talking." I said. She looked at us for a minute and then walked away.

"Keep it down!" She yelled.

"You are so lucky you didn't finish that sentence!" I said angrily to Callie. "You almost just told her I was gay!"

"Well at least she didn't hear you worshipping some guys butt!" Callie shot back. I ran a hand down my face and closed my eyes.

"Fine, I'm sorry. I'm going to sleep." I said quietly.

"Landon, its 6."

"So?" I asked looking at her.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, just want to go to sleep. I don't think there's anything in the fridge, so go to Matty's if you want to eat dinner." I said before laying down and pulling my blanket over me. I set the alarm on my phone and laid there until I fell asleep.

**************************

The next day I was just going through the motions. I would go to each class, sit there in a daze, and move onto the next one. Soon it was that time again. That wonderful time called study hall. I sat at our normal table and pulled out my homework. I ran my hand down my face and sighed. It was an essay on gay rights in Russia.

"Hey Landon." Alex greeted, sitting down next to me. He didn't take anything out of his bag and leaned his elbow on the table, almost leaning towards me.

So you know what, fuck it. I smirked at him and leaned my elbow on the table as well.

"Hey Alex. No homework today?" He shrugged.

"Don't really feel like working on it today. What's that?" He asked pointing to the paper describing my essay. I felt my face turn a little red.

"It's, um, an essay I have to write." I said. He looked at me expectantly.

"About?" He asked.

"Gay rights in Russia." He nodded.

"I hate how Russia treats their gays. We're just normal people ya know!" He said holding up his hands and leaning back in his chair. I smiled, but didn't say anything. I was afraid I would say something that could ruin everything, because I want him. I have the sudden urge to pull him into my lap and kiss him.

"I know a good book for that!" He said jumping up. He hurried into the book stacks and I quickly followed him. He was standing there looking up at the books and I just stared at him. I don't know what had gotten into me, but I was feeling especially brave today. He reached up for a book and pulled it down.

"I had to do the same essay a couple weeks ago and used this book. Its on the history of gay rights in Russia, and how it's starting to evolve. I also think..." He continued talking but I couldn't hear him anymore. He was looking down at the book and flipping through the pages. I was watching his kissable lips move and my mind sorta blanked. I looked around, and when I saw there was no one around, I stepped up to him and tilted his head back with my fingers under his chin. He stared into my eyes as I leaned down and pressed my lips against his. It all happened so fast that I didn't even think. I quickly pulled my lips away and stared at him wide eyed. He was staring right back at me.

Neither of us moved for what felt like forever. So I manned up and took his face in my hands to kiss him again. This time he kissed back, his soft lips moved against mine in what was arguably the best kiss I've had. He dropped the book and his arms had snaked around my neck to hold onto my back tight.