Chapter 8

Alex'sPOV

I quietly unlocked the front door after being dropped off by the police officer and snuck into the house. I carefully closed the door and tiptoed through the dark and upstairs to my room. Once I closed my bedroom door I let out a sigh of relief. I turned on my light and screamed.

"Where were you?" My dad asked with his arms crossed. He was sitting on my bed with my mother.

"I was at the library." I said not technically lying.

"Sweetie, it's quarter past eleven. We were worried." My mother said.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't in any danger." I mumbled as my phone went off. I looked down to see a text from Landon.

Did u get caught? I smiled and typed back.

Yeah, I'm being interrogated as we speak.

"Who's that?" My dad asked.

"Lacey." I answered back almost immediately.

"Really?" He said just as my phone went off again. I nodded and looked down.

I'm sorry. Its my fault

No it's not. This is kinda fun anyways. They were sitting in my room in the dark.

"Is it really? Your face doesn't usually light up like that when Lacey texts you." My mom said.

"Sure it does." I said while laughing at Landon's response.

That's creepy. Make sure they don't try using a lie detector on u.

Oh no, they're taking me into their torture room!

"Alex, who is it really?" My mom asked in her 'mom' voice.

"I already told you it's Lacey!" I said cocking my hip to the side.

"Don't sass me boy! I know it's not her." My mom said. There was another text and faster than lightning my mom jumped up and was reading the text.

"Ooh, who's Landon?" She asked smiling. "He says well it was good knowing you." She gasped. "Did you go meet him somewhere? Is he your boyfriend? Is he cute? How old is he? Does he go to your school?" And here are the rapid fire questions. Both mine and my dads eyes grew as she continued firing off questions. I held out my hand and she handed me back the phone, bouncing on the balls of her feet. I rolled my eyes at her as I answered.

Thanks, come save me!

I looked back up and she looked at me expectantly. I sighed.

"Yes, I met him outside the library, he may or may not be my boyfriend, that's for me to know, yes he's cute, he's fucking hot, he's 17, and yes he goes to my school." She squealed and pulled me into a hug. Oh mother. My phone beeped again and she quickly pulled away.

Do u want me to rescue u? I smiled

Nah, I can handle it. Did u go back to Matty's?