Chapter 45

Everything was still for a minute until Landon slammed the front door closed causing us all to jump.  He turned and hurried over to me, crouching down and putting his fingers on my chin, moving my head side to side.

"Baby are you okay?" He asked in a fully concerned voice, but soft like he didn't just get the shit beaten out of him.

  "Am I okay? Are you? You just got beaten up! I got slapped. Once!" I said standing up and carefully pulling him up too. I walked him over to the couch and sat him down before kneeling between his knees. I checked out his face before hurrying to get a face cloth and wet it. I pressed it gently to his nose.

  "I hope this isn't broken." He groaned feeling his nose. I pulled the towel away for a minute to look at his nose. I felt up and down it asking for pain. When he said no I nodded.

  "I think you're good. But you might need some stitches for that eyebrow." He pouted and pressed the towel back to his face. He went to stand up but fell back onto the couch.

  "Shit I'm dizzy." He said squeezing his eyes shut.

  "Wait are you serious?" I asked nervously. He slowly nodded so I whipped out my phone and dialed my dads number.

  "Hello" he answered after a few rings.

  "Hey dad do you think you can come work your doctor magic over at Landon's place right now?" I asked.

  "I'll be there in ten." He answered and I was thankful he didn't ask any questions. After hanging up I stood and went over to the kitchen to get some water. Matty was sitting next to Landon on the couch, not looking so great either. I handed the cup to Landon and went to crouch in front of Matty. He looked down to me with a look I didn't recognize. A look almost as if he was used to this happening and he'd just gotten used to it. Unfortunately.

"Can I check your face?" I asked. My medical skills were getting better every day so I could give my dad a rundown when he got here. He just shrugged so I took that as a yes. He took a sharp breath when I touched his cheek bone.

"That fucking hurts." He ground out.

"It doesn't look great either." I winced. Callie squeezed his hand. I turned his face and it looked like the other side was okay. "Open your mouth." I said. He did and his teeth were pretty bloody. "Oh my god you're missing a tooth!" I said.

"What?!" Callie yelled and grabbed his face, turning it towards her.

"Shit babe that hurts!" He grimaced. He opened his mouth again so she could see that one of his teeth on the left side was missing.

"Goddammit Matty." She shook her head. He just groaned and leaned his head on her shoulder. I went back over to Landon and sat next to him.

"Do you need anything sweetheart?" I asked. He shook his head slowly. I put my arm around his shoulders and he gently rested his head against mine. It was only a minute later when there was a knock at the door. The boys tensed so I got up and slowly opened the door. Luckily it was my dad with his med kit. I let out a sigh of relief before stepping to the side and letting him in. He took a quick look around before heading over to the boys. He took one look at Landon's dazed look and went straight to him. He crouched in front of him and started his work.

"How are you feeling Landon?" He asked.

"Not so great Mr. Littleton." He mumbled, looking worse by the minute. My father examined him and came to the conclusion that he had a concussion, a bad bloody nose, and needed a stitch or two in his eyebrow.

"Why don't you go get some rest." My dad said standing up and shifting over to Matty. "Alex just remember to wake him up every two or so hours." I nodded and reached out to help Landon up. I walked him to his bedroom and helped him lay down. Luckily his nose had stopped bleeding and his eyebrow had a butterfly bandaid that would last at least these two hours until my dad was ready to stitch it up.