Chapter 2

Alex on the side --------->

Landon's POV

I woke to someone shaking me and a pounding headache.

"What do you want?" I groaned and covered my eyes with my arm when the person opened the blinds.

"I told you I was grounded right Landon?" Tom asked running around the room and throwing my shirt at me.

"Huh?" I asked yawning and sitting up. I had a pretty moderate hangover.

"Well you need to leave. My moms mad cause she found out that I went to a party last night.

"Your parents love me. I don't think they're going to make me walk home with a hangover. I know your sorry ass got your car taken away so you can't drive me." He sighed and gave me some ibuprofen and a glass of water.

"Yeah, sometimes I think they love you more than they love me. Come on then." He said motioning for me to follow him out of his room and downstairs. His mom was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Hey Tom can you- oh, hi Landon." She said smiling when she saw us.

"Hi Mrs. Howler. How are you?" I asked trying to look as little hungover as possible, which wasn't much.

"A lot better than you at the moment." She said when I came over to give her a hug. "Did you watch out for my son last night?

"Of course. He never left my sight." I lied, but for the better. I don't think she would want to know her little Tommy was making out with some random chick.

"Good boy." She said patting my cheek. "Now you two sit for breakfast. I'll drop you off at your house on my way to work okay?" I nodded as Tom and I went to sit at the table in the dining room. He pushed me to the side and sat down.

"Was she talking to you or me when she said she would drop off?" He asked pouting.

"Your mom does not love me more than she loves you." I said sitting next to him.

"Yes I do." She said coming in and putting a plate in front of each of us with eggs, bacon, and toast. I savored it knowing it would probably be all I eat today. He made a sad face before digging into his eggs.

"So, how was the party last night?" She asked and Tom almost choked on his eggs.

"Mom! I am not talking about that with you!"

"Why, it's not like you had a one night stand. Or did you?" She asked leaning her elbow on the table. Tom groaned and hit his head against the table. His mom was really young when she had Tom, only 17, so she always bugs him not to make the same mistakes as her blah blah blah. It also means she asks him about parties and other stuff a 17 year old guy does not want to tell his mother. Even if she's only 34

"What's a one night stand?" Tom's five year old brother asked rubbing his eyes as he walked in with his race car pajamas.

"Nothing Liam." He said picking up his little brother and pulling him onto his lap. Liam immediately stole a piece of Tom's bacon and shoved it in his mouth before Tom could take it. Mrs. Howler smiled and turned to me.

"Whenever you're ready Landon. No rush, but I have to be to work in an hour and I want to say hi to your mother first.

"Hey!" Tom said tickling his stomach making him squeal and try to squirm away. "That was mine!" He whined making Liam giggle and turn to kneel on Tom's lap. He put his arms around Tom's neck and closed his eyes.

"Tommy I'm still tired. Bring me back to bed." Tom rolled his eyes and stood up.

"See you Monday Lan." He said before turning to carry Liam back to his room.