Chapter 9

Landon's POV

On Saturday morning, I was sitting with one leg out my window and one on the inside. I was watching the cars go by on the road on the side of the motel. I took the cigarette out of my mouth and blew out some smoke. I leaned my head back against the side of the window sill and swung my leg against the outside of the motel. I tapped some ashes from the cigarette and put it back between my lips. I looked down at my phone and saw it was 11. Tom was supposed to be here. Right as I thought that there was a knock on the front door. I pulled my leg through the window and walked through to the front door. I opened it and let Tom in.

"Hey man." He said following me back to my room.

"Hey." I said around my cigarette.

"Are you going to change?" He asked looking at my clothes. I looked down. I was wearing an old pair of grey sweatpants and a Budweiser t-shirt. I nodded and put the cigarette butt in the ash tray on the floor next to my bed. I pulled off the T-shirt and pulled on a tank top to go under a maroon sweatshirt and then put on some jeans.

"I still can't believe you waited so long to tell me." He said shaking his head as I changed.

"I really didn't wait that long." I said buckling my belt and looking around for my cologne.

"I know, but this is a big thing in life, and you went through it all by yourself?"

"I talked to Callie." I said finding the cologne and put some on.

"Speak of the devil, where is she?" He asked.

"Matty's. They've been spending more and more time together."

"You worried?" He asked laying on my bed and rubbing his eyes.

"No, they've both reassured me that they're taking it slow. I trust them." I said putting some gum in my mouth.

"Does Matty know you're gay?" I shook my head. "You gonna tell him?"

"Yeah, I'll tell him before anyone else. But I don't want anyone other than him and maybe Vance to know. I didn't even want you to know." He sighed.

"Whatever man, now that Lacey and I know, you can spend more time with Alex." I nodded and smiled a little.

"Why was Lacey in the boys locker room?" I asked as we walked back through to the front door.

"She was looking for Alex, and I knew no one was probably left in the locker room, so I let her in." I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he sighed.

"I am not trying to get into Lacey Myer's pants." He said. I smiled evilly.

"Why not. Do you think she's hot?" His cheeks turned a little red and he looked down.

"Come on, we're going to be late." He said getting off my bed and walking back through to the door. I noticed my mom was gone and frowned.

"Was she here when you got here?" I asked pointing to the couch my mom always lays on. Tom frowned and nodded. My eyes widened and I ran outside. I slammed my hand on the metal bar that was on top of the rail for the outside walkway.

"She took my car." I said turning back to Tom.

"Now what?" He asked. I went back inside and grabbed my phone. I locked the door and Tom and I went down the steps to the parking lot. I looked through my contacts and found Alex's name. I let out a heavy breath before tapping the call button. I listened to it ring three times before he picked up.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi Alex."

"Oh, hey Landon. Are you on your way?" I bit my lip.