Chapter 3

Alex's POV

The week went by as normal, except for one thing. John was acting a little...strange. I don't know why, but he seems irrritable and annoyed with everything I do. At the end of the day in study hall, I was sitting alone in the library, and was really bored. Like really bored. Lacey has a different class and so does John, not that he would probably talk to me anyways since he's mad at me. I decided to go look for a book, and I wish I didn't. Pushed against the bookstacks was John, making out with Joey. A really big and muscley dude. Not someone I would picture John with.

"J-John?" I stuttered, not sure I was seeing correctly. He quickly pulled away and looked over to me with a very guilty look on his face.

"Alex." He tried but I hurried away. "Alex!" He called again, following me. I angrily wiped tears from my cheeks as I fast walked through the library. We caused heads to turn as John repeatedly called my name. He caught up to me and pushed me down one of the aisles and against one of the book stacks. He was breathiing heavily as he held my shoulder against the books. His swollen lips and glazed over look made me angrier.

"Alex, believe me, I can explain." He said.

"Oh, yeah have fun explaining why you were making out with someone other than your boyfriend." He sighed and looked away from me.

"I've been seeing him for a few weeks now." He said.

"You're unbelievable." I hissed. "I've been putting up with your bad attitude and cruelty when you've been with some other guy."

"What the fuck you talking about, putting up with me?" He asked looking angry. He pushed me against the bookstacks causing me to wince when the corner of a book dug into my shoulder.

"You've been annoying since you started being with that guy." I spit back looking up at him, wishing I was a little taller at the moment since I definitally did not have the upper hand.

"Whatever. You don't think I was paying you enough attention? I'll give you attention." He said reaching between us and forcefully pulling down my zipper.

"John stop!" I said trying to push him back again but failed. He was scaring me. He grabbed onto the waist of my jeans and forced his lips on mine and his tongue in my mouth. He started pulling down my pants when I heard,

"Hey Alex, are you okay?" I turned my head and saw Landon standing there with Tom and Matty standing a little behind him.

"Don't get into this." John said gritting his teeth. I mouthed 'help me' and Landon came over. He easily pushed John away from me and pulled me behind him.

"I don't think he wants you to do that to him." Landon said.

"Hey, he's my boyfriend. Why don't you shut up and mind your own buisness!" When he said that I turned around and put the back of my hand against my mouth as tears started coming again. "Come on Alex." John said.

"Why don't you go back to the guy you cheated on me with John." I said quietly in a broken voice.

"Whatever. You were nothing to me anyways." I closed my eyes and put my other hand over my face as well. I'm guessing he left because Landon came over to me.

"Alex, I'm sorry." He said. I nodded and felt my face turning red under my hands. I felt a warm pair of hands over mine and they gently pulled mine away from my face. I opened my eyes and looked up at Landon's concerned face.

"Thank you." I said before leaning forward and wrapping my arms around him. I really wasn't thinking at the moment and just wanted to hug someone. He hesitated for a minute, probably not wanting to have a gay guy hugging him, but wrapped his arms around me anyways.