Chapter 15

Cheeseburger sliders...I'm really hungry okay?! Don't judge

"Do you mind driving far, or are you really tired?" Landon asked.

"Far is fine." I said turning on the radio loud. Some Taylor Swift was on, so I of course started rocking out. Like any normal person would. I was belting out the lyrics to Shake It Off and saw Landon glancing over to me with weird glances. I playfully glared at him and turned it up a little more so I could start dancing as well. He was smiling and he even moved his shoulders and head a little. When the song was over I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"You're dating a psycho." Lacey said from the back.

"That's okay." Landon said and when we hit a red light, turned his head so he could kiss my lips. When Lacey told him the light was green, he pulled away and started driving. We continued driving for a while until we reached a small diner. We parked and got out of the car. Before we walked in though, Landon took my hand. I rolled my eyes.

"How many towns over are we?" I asked.

"Three." He said as he opened the door for me.

"Ahh." I said nodding.

"Table for three?" The waitress asked in a perky voice.

"Yes please." Landon said squeezing my hand. She smiled and led us to a booth near the back. Lacey sat across from the Landon and I and wiggled her eyebrows at me before holding up her menu. I took one of Landon's feet between mine and looked over the menu. Once I figured out what I wanted I leaned my elbow on the table and looked at Landon.

"So, you come here often?" I asked. He smirked and took my hand again.
"As a matter of fact I do." He lifted my hand to his lips and winked. I felt myself blush and heard Lacey groan.

"I should have known third wheeling wouldn't be fun." Lacey said.

"You're such a liar. You're loving the gayness of this." I said and leaned in to give Landon a kiss. She sighed.

"You know me too well." I smiled and Landon pulled me closer so I snuggled into him. I let out a sigh and looked around. There were a bunch people here and Landon didn't seem to care. I looked up at him and saw him looking down at me. He rubbed my arm and kissed my temple. The waitress came and I went to move away, but he held me still. The waitress didn't even seem to notice, and just took our orders and walked away.

"I like sitting here with you when you don't care who sees." I said and held onto his arm. He sighed and kissed my hair.

"I know. So do I, it's just, I don't know. I'm not ready to tell people yet." He said, sounding like he was trying to search for the right words.

"I understand babe. I know it's hard to come out. I did it too." I said patting his arm.

"When did you come out?" He asked quietly.

"When I was twelve."

"Did your parents and friends except you?"

"Yeah. Since my brother had already come out they weren't really freaked out by it. And of course Lacey accepted me." She smiled and tilted her head.

"That's because I love you." She said. I smiled and blew her a kiss. I saw Landon roll his eyes and just elbowed him. Our food came quickly and I dug into my cheeseburger sliders. So good! I was so hungry from the swim meet, as I usually am. I'll probably go home and eat my way through the house. I looked over a few minutes later and saw Landon was already done. My eyes widened and I watched him eat one of my French fries.