Chapter 18

Matty :)

Alex's POV

    School started a week later. The administration was a little hesitant because parents were being stupid and everyone was saying "oh no my baby! They can't get hurt!" Really being whiny asses. I was done sitting at home doing nothing. We were missing swim time and I know we weren't going to do as good in our meets now. I didn't even know if I would be allowed to with my arm.

  "Alex, you awake?" Landon groaned. I turned in his arms and saw him rubbing his eye with the arm I wasn't currently laying on.

  "Yeah. How'd you sleep?" I asked pecking his lips gently. He smiled and dropped his other arm around me.

  "Fine. Ready to go back to school?" I jumped up and ran to my closet.

  "You have no idea!" I yelled looking through my clothes. He laughed and I heard him walk up. He wrapped his arms around my torso and kissed the top of my head.

  "You didn't like spending time with me?" He asked. I looked up and saw him pouting.

  "Okay, I can't wait for swim practice after school." I confessed.

  "There's no after school activities until tomorrow." I threw up my hands, which was hard with his arms around me.

  "Then there's no point. We don't have to go." I frowned, looking forward to swimming today.

  "Yes we do, so get ready. You do know you have a pool, right?" He asked letting his hands fall to his sides.

  "It's cold out." I frowned, still looking in my closet.

  "It's heated." I smiled and jumped into his arms.

  "I love you!" I yelled. I froze and we both stared at each other wide eyed. I tried wiggling out of his arms, but he had a tight hold on me.

  "I love you too Alex." He whispered. I stared at him and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. He let my legs go so I was standing and put his arms around my waist. I smiled into his neck and kissed his neck. He let out a small laugh and hugged me tighter before lifting my chin and kissing my lips.

  "Now get changed. We have to go to school." He said and let go so he could go get changed himself.

  "Eh, fuck it." I whispered to myself after a minute of staring into my closet. I just grabbed my swim sweatshirt and a pair of skinny jeans before quickly getting dressed. I went down the hall to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

  "Landon, can I come in?" I asked through the door. The door opened, revealing Landon with jeans on and no shirt, with his toothbrush hanging from his mouth. We have been going between each others houses all week. I don't want to be alone without him. He had to go shopping and only left for around six hours. Embarrassingly enough, I called him, crying, and he came back to my house. Luckily he was all done with his shopping.

  "Did you say Jasper and Shaun were going to the school?" Landon asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

  "Yeah, they're having local military and cops come to search everyone before school." I said picking up my toothbrush. "I think they'll be patrolling too."

  "Great. Maybe they'll catch some other psychopaths while they're at it." He said as I started fixing my hair.

  "Maybe." I said frowning at the mirror as I put the gel in my hair. "Ugh, my hair is not cooperating." Landon smiled as he put on his football sweatshirt. I glared at him through the mirror. When he was done he walked over to me and turned me so I was facing him. He put his hands on my cheeks and turned my head so he could see my hair at different angles. He ran his fingers through it a couple times and nodded.