chapter 23

Landon's POV

I sat outside Tom's house, smoking a cigarette. It's been two days since I was kicked out and I can't say they've been bad. I feel much more free now that I have a little more structure in my life. I have three guaranteed meals a day and there will be someone there when I get back at the end of the day.

I heard footsteps coming closer from behind me. Callie sat down next to me and reached her hand out expectantly. I handed her a cigarette and lit it for her.

"How's mom?" I asked blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"She's fine. Although she seems a little unimpressed with everything around her. That's normal though." Callie mumbled. She's been quiet recently. Tom's parents offered for her to stay with them as well but she said she had to stay with mom. I think she is regretting that decision more and more.

"Oh, she was on the phone with this guy for a really long time last night." Callie added pulling me from my thoughts.

"What were they talking about?" I asked dropping my cigarette butt and grinding it into the ground with the toe of my shoe.

"I don't know. She was mumbling and then screaming nonsense. I couldn't make sense of it." Callie looked a little defeated. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe one of her drug dealers is backing out on her. That would be good."

"Maybe." Callie said before we both went silent. We just sat there for a while when a car pulled into the driveway. We both looked over and a smile grew on my face when Alex jumped out of the back seat. He came over and gave me a hug when I stood up.

"How've you been doing?" He asked with his face pressed into my chest.

"Fine." I said kissing the top of his head.

"Ready to go?" He asked looking excited. I nodded and he started pulling me towards the car.

"See you later Callie." I yelled over my shoulder.

"Yeah, have fun." She yelled back with laughter in her voice. Alex and I were having a double date with Jasper and Josh. Dinner and a movie. I think it's a horror movie. I've walked in on Alex and Josh watching a horror movie before and it wasn't a pretty sight. Jasper and I had gone to get some popcorn from the kitchen and we came back to the two screaming and clinging to each other. In other words, Jasper and I have our work cut out for us tonight.

"Hi guys." I said as Alex and I slid into the backseat of Jasper's car.

"Hey Landon!" Josh said excitedly. I got a wave from Jasper.

"You guys ready?" Jasper asked. We all nodded so he backed out of the driveway and started driving down the road.

"So, Landon, since the reason of your recent move is because you are gay, we are having a gay day. Be as gay as you want and we wont judge." Josh said turning in his seat so he was facing me. Him and Jasper were dressed very similarly. So close in fact that they were wearing the same shirt, just a different color. Jasper was wearing a green slight V-neck shirt, and Josh's was baby blue. I leaned towards Alex and whispered in his ear,

"We won't wear the same exact things in the future will we?" He laughed and moved his lips next to my ear.

"I noticed that too. I kinda hope not." He whispered back.

"You can't help it." Jasper said butting into our conversation. "It just happens. When you shop together or for each other it just tends to turn out this way."

"Landon and I don't really have the same style though." Alex said looking down at our clothes. I was wearing one of my nicer shirts, which wasn't really nice. It was a plain grey long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans. Alex was wearing a maroon sweater with a beanie and black jeans. Different. I couldn't pull that off and he couldn't pull this off.