Chapter 35

Alex's POV
  It was February 4th, Landon and Josh's birthday. I had asked Landon if he wanted to come over today. We were going to surprise him and Josh with all their friends. The doorbell rang and I ran over to open the door. Lacey, Callie, Clara, Vance, Tom, and Mattie were all standing there with smiles and stuff. Some had presents, Callie had a cake, and others balloons. I motioned them in and we set everything else. Soon the doorbell rang again and I went over. This time it was Josh and Jasper's friends. They all hurried in with gifts too. There were about four of them.

"Alright everyone!" Jasper said clapping his hands together. "It's 5:45 right now. Josh is coming at 6 and Landon at 6:15. We can't set up until we get them both upstairs. We won't have much time though because they won't be up there for too long so we have to figure out what everyone is doing."
"I have streamers!" Mattie yelled holding them up.

"Presents on table!" Tom said. Everyone found something to do before the doorbell rang.

  "Everyone hide!" Jasper whisper yelled. Everyone except for Jasper and I. Mom and dad were in the kitchen, making a suspiciously large amount of food. Jasper opened the door and smiled.

  "Hey honey bun!" Josh rolled his eyes as he walked through the door, closing it behind him.

  "Oh my god Jasp." He said laughing. He kissed Jasper and gave him a hug. Jasper smiled and wrapped his arms around Josh's small waist. He rested his chin on Josh's shoulder and just stood there holding him.

  "Happy birthday sweetheart" Jasper whispered in his ear. Josh smiled and kissed his cheek.

  "Thanks hot stuff."  He said with a smirk. Jasper smiled gently and stared lovingly down at Josh. He gingerly ran the back of his fingers across Josh's cheek. "You okay Jasp?" Josh asked. Jasper just gave him a small smile and nodded.

  "Hey do you think you could go up to my room and get that book for my class for me?" Jasper asked.

  "Ugh you lazy ass." Josh groaned. "You're lucky I love you." He poked Jasper's cheek before walking towards the kitchen. "Hey mom and dad!" He said with a wave. They laughed and waved back. He looked back at us with a smile before going up the stairs. I looked at the clock. It was already 6. I told Landon the doorbell was broken so he would have to knock. He would be here any minute. A second later there was a knock. I gasped and looked at Jasper. He motioned for me to open it. I hurried to the door and opened it. I smiled when I saw my perfect man on the other side. I threw my arms around him and gave him a big kiss.

  "Hey go upstairs for a minute." I said pushing him towards the stairs.

  "What why?" He asked, confused.

  "Just do it." He looked back at me with a raised eyebrow before walking up the stairs. Jasper shoved my arm when Landon was out of sight.

  "What the fuck was that?!" He whispered. I shrugged. "Alright people go go!" He said quietly. Everyone ran to put things in place. Mom lit the candles on the cake. I was near when I heard their voices.

  "They're coming!" I whispered. Someone turned off the lights and they all hid while Jasper and I stood in the middle. When they got to the bottom of the stairs Josh whispered,

  "What the hell?"

  "Surprise!!"  Everyone yelled as the lights turned on. Jasper and I threw handfuls of confetti at them. "Happy birthday Josh and Landon!" We yelled. They looked so surprised.