Chapter 16

A/N as of April 16th, 2018:
Hey everyone! As many of my American readers know, there has been a lot of high school violence in the past year for us. I wrote this chapter back in 2015 when things like that didn't happen as much as they do now. I'm sorry if it seems insensitive now but now more than ever it's an important topic to be discussed. I just wanted to put a fair warning up now. Thank you for all your support over the years! ♥️
Landon's POV

The week went by quickly and before I knew it, it was the Thursday before the football game. Otherwise known as the day to party. There's a party almost every Thursday night that is alcohol free for all football players. I think just being around a bunch of drunk people makes me feel intoxicated.

I was currently sitting in study hall with the usual people, watching Alex look for a book in the tall book stacks. He looked up and pouted. His gaze slowly made his way over to me and he grinned.

"Landon?" He called.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"I can't reach." He said pointing to a shelf over where his arm reached.

"Why are you telling me?" He pouted again.

"Cause you want to get it for me." I smiled and got up. I walked over to him and he pointed to which one he wanted. I easily got it and handed it to him.

"Thanks babe." He said quietly and puckered his lips in an air kiss. He said since he can't kiss me in school, at times like this he'll just air kiss me. I smiled and air kissed him back before walking back to the table as he went to check out the book.

"You guys are so cute!" Tom whispered with a smile on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him and he just continued smiling at me.

"You think two gay guys are cute?" I asked unsure if something was wrong with him. He used to make jokes about gay people, but I guess when your best friend is gay things change.

"Yeah."

"Yeah what?" Alex asked plopping down in the seat next to mine and putting his foot against mine.

"Tom thinks we're cute." I said. He smirked,

"Bitch we're perfect." Alex corrected just as the bell rang for the end of study hall. I laughed and he smiled before walking with us down to the locker room. Sammy skipped up to Alex, pulling Logan along.

"Hey Alex!" Sammy said happily.

"Hey Sammy! Hey Logan!" Alex said hooking his arm with Sammy's. They were laughing and started walking ahead of us with a bounce in their steps. They giggled and looked back to Logan. Alex smiled brightly at me before they both turned back around. Logan stepped closer to us.

"That makes me nervous." He said looking over to us.

"What does?" I asked.

"The way they giggle and then smile back at us. I think they're talking about us."

"Hey, I'm not worried. They're probably talking about you." I said a little nervous.

"Yeah, no need to worry." He said before going silent. We continued walking down the hall until we made it to the locker rooms. I followed Alex to his locker, and when no one was around I leaned down for a kiss. He put his hands on my chest as I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Aleeex, hoooh my god!" Alex quickly pulled his lips from mine and we both turned to see Sammy standing there, red faced and covering his mouth with his hand.

"Are you guys...together?" He whispered. I slowly nodded and rubbed Alex's back when I felt him shaking. I looked down when he sniffled and saw he was crying.