Chapter 37

"He was raped!" My heart stopped. There was an unbearable silence. I slowly turned around.

  "What?" I whispered. Callie was standing with her hand over her mouth.

  "I shouldn't have told you that." She gasped.

  "My Landon was-was raped? By a man?" A tear slowly made its way down her cheek. She slowly nodded.

  "He's going to kill me. I'm sure he was waiting for a reason."

  "He told me I was the first guy he's been with."

  "He likes to pretend it never happened. It was only four years ago." I looked behind her to Jasper, josh, Shaun, and Lacey. I walked forward and grabbed Callie's hand before pulling her into the other room.

  "What? Like, I can't even wrap my head around this?!" I groaned, rubbing my temples with my palms.

  "I think Landon should tell you the rest. I've already said too much." She was crying; sniffling and trying to hide her face from me. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I pulled her into a hug. She latched onto me and cried into my shoulder. "He wanted to tell you. I know he did. He just didn't want to scare you away. I ruined it didn't I? This is all my fault!" She was sobbing, letting me know this was a very delicate topic.

"What do you mean ruin it?" I asked confused.

"Your relationship. Don't leave him because of this. Please." I sighed and hugged her tight.

"Callie, I'm in love with your brother. Him being violated by another man isn't going to change my view on him. If anything it makes me feel like I don't show him enough love." She gave me a tiny smile before putting her head on my shoulder. I wiped away a few of my own tears. My baby. My love. Raped? How could this have happened? We were going to have a lot to talk about when he comes back home.

"I'm glad Landon found you." She said with a sniffle. "You guys are perfect for each other." I smiled at that.

"I'm happy too. I don't know what I'd do without him."she smiled but groaned.

"We have to go back out to them now." I patted her back.

"It's ok." I said before leading her back. It was awkward to say the least. We turned on the tv but otherwise sat in absolute silence for two and a half hours. It wasn't until voices were heard from outside that anyone moved. We all turned to see Landon, Matty, and Tom walk back in. They all smiled at us, but the smiles quickly faded when they saw our serious faces.

  "What's wrong?" Tom asked. I was staring Landon down. He was covered in dirt, holding onto his sweaty helmet. His hair was a disaster. He looked adorable. I looked into his eyes and he saw the pain I was feeling for him in my eyes. Before he could speak,

  "Landon we need to talk." I bursted out. His face almost fell.

  "What?" I stood up and walked over to him. He looked a little scared. I grabbed his free hand and gave him a kiss.

  "Come on." I said before pulling him towards the stairs. He followed silently. Once we made it to my room he went in and I shut the door behind him.

"Alex what's going on?" He asked nervously. I felt like I was harboring a secret and I didn't like it.

"Callie let something slip." I said biting my lip. "Don't be mad at her. She didn't mean to and I don't think of you any different." He sat down on my bed looking deep in thought.

"What could she have said..." he mumbled. I paced a bit in front of him, shaking with every step.

"You know how you said I was the first guy you were with?" His eyes widened and his face turned red. I thought he was going to blow in anger. He shot up with his hands in fists, but he let out a breath and deflated.