Chapter 19

Alex's song!! Crazy In Love by Beyonce, the 50 Shades of Grey remix

Alex's POV

After school, I got home and flopped on the couch. I was home alone, so this was probably where whoever comes next will find me. I took out my phone to call Landon.

"Hey baby, everything okay?" He asked, picking up the phone after only three rings.

"Yeah everything is fine. Are you home yet?" I asked plopping back so I was laying down again.

"Yes I am. My mother must've come here last night because the place is a disaster. I'm going to try to clean a little before I come over."

"Okay. Was Callie there last night?"

"No, she was over Matty's."

"Good. Does Matty want to come over tonight as well? My mom said she wants a lot of people over, you know to distract us and all. I think Shaun and Jasper might be having a couple people too." I bit my lip, nervous that since people he didn't know would be there he wouldn't act affectionately towards me.

"I'll ask him. I know Tom was already planning on going, and I would ask Vance but he's going to dinner at Clara's house."

"Okay well the more the merrier." I said practically sighing with relief that he didn't say anything about Shaun and Jasper friends.

"Okay. I'll probably be there around four with everyone." He said and it sounded like a door opened and closed on his side of the line.

"Great! Remember to bring a bathing suit." I said smiling. He laughed a little.

"I will." There was a slight pause and there was silence on both ends. "I love you Alex." I smiled a full smile and stood up.

"I love you too Landon."

"See you later." He whispered.

"Bye." I said before hanging up and clutching the phone to my chest. I sighed and laid back down with a smile on my face.

The door opened a few minutes later and Jasper and Shaun walked in with Josh and Marie.

"Hey guys." I said sitting up on the couch.

"Oh, hey Alex. Didn't see you there." Jasper said walking over. He sat on the other couch with Josh, and Shaun and Marie came in as well.

"So, how was school today? Any problems?" Jasper asked.

"No, it was fine. People were just very on edge."

"That day must have been scary. Jasper told me bits and pieces of it." Josh said quietly. He hadn't really been coming to the house because he's been really busy with work, so he hadn't heard from me about it yet.

"Yeah, it was really scary. I hope nothing like that ever happens again." I said unconsciously running my hand over my bandaged arm. We talked for around an hour about what happened that day, until the doorbell rang. I smiled and got up before quickly walking to the door. My smile faltered a little when I saw it was Jasper and Shaun's friends. Not that I didn't like them, I was just hoping for someone else.

I opened the door and invited them all in. There were only four of them. I recognized them as Mike, David, Patrick, and Weston. I led them to the living room where they all settled in and started talking. After a few minutes Josh sat next to me and folded his legs up so he was sitting criss crossed.