Chapter 34

Alex's POV
  The next morning I woke up wrapped in Landon's arms. Yesterday was easily the best day of my life. This was a perfect way to wake up after it. I cuddled farther into Landon. He looked so cute. I kissed his soft lips before closing my eyes again. Landon groaned and started pulling away from me. I grabbed his back and he hissed in pain. My eyes opened to that and I immediately let go.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. I looked at his back and gasped. There were red lines all over his back. I giggled and kissed his cheek when he put his face in my neck. "Sorry babe."

  "It's ok baby. Let's me know you enjoyed last night." He said in a low voice. I felt a blush coming. He lifted his head and smiled when my face was red. His stomach grumbled so I moved him off of me.

  "Let's go get some breakfast. We have school today." I said standing up and looking for clothes.

  "Wait what? What time is it?" He asked since we both seemed wide awake.

  "Um 4:30." I said surprised. "Wow. So we slept like 3 and a half hours. That's gonna suck later." He nodded but got up after me.

"Oh well." He said with a shrug. He went over to his bag and pulled on his cutoff shirt from last night and some sweatpants looking all cuddly. He put some deodorant on and ran his hands through his hair. He looked over to me.  "What?" He asked.

  "Huh?" I said in a daze. He smiled and reached forward to close my mouth for me. "You're perfect." He laughed at that and shook his head. He reached into his bag and pulled out his pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

  "This is proof that I'm not." He said pointing one at me. He leaned forward to kiss me before saying, "I'll be right back." I nodded and fell back on the bed. I heard the back slider open and sat up to look out my window. Landon had turned on the outside light and I saw him looking around in confusion. There was a ton of newly fallen snow, with little snowflakes still slowly falling. He looked up at the sky and just shook his head. He closed the door behind him and put the cigarette between his lips. He cupped his hand around the end and put the lighter to it. When he got it lit he put the lighter in his pocket and crossed the arm across his chest not holding his cigarette. He blew out smoke and moved around his bare feet. He looked cold so I decided to go out there with him. I grabbed a blanket and went down the stairs and to the back. I opened the slider and he looked back at me. His lips pursed when he saw me and he looked back to the pool and field beyond that. He doesn't like when I stand with him while he's smoking. Like he said, it's an imperfection of his and he doesn't like me seeing it.

  "You looked cold." I said and put the around him.

  "Thanks baby." He said, kissing the top of my head. He wrapped the blanket around himself and took another drag from his cigarette. He blew out a cloud of smoke. "So... snow day?" He said kicking up some snow and laughing. "This is ridiculous! It snowed so much this year." I nodded and leaned against his arm. He looked down to me and smiled, putting his arm around me. He made sure to keep the cigarette and smoke away from me as best he could. When he was done he put the end in the snow to put it out. We walked back inside and he went to the sink to run water over the butt to make sure it was out before putting it in the trash. He then went to the cabinet and pulled out a pan and bowl.

  "How's French toast sound?" He asked.

  "Mmmm good." I said as my stomach growled. I went to sit down at the bar top and winced when my butt hit the chair. Landon looked back at me and smirked as I moved around uncomfortably.

  "Why don't you go get a pillow to sit on?" I nodded and went to get one. When I got back Jasper walked down the stairs. I went to say hi but he was on the phone.