chapter 22

Landon's POV

After dropping everyone off after school, I continued home with Callie and Matty in the backseat.

"Hey guys?" I said after a while of riding in silence.

"Yeah?" Matty responded.

"What do you guys think of me coming out to mom?"

"You're going to do what now?!" Was Callie's response. "I don't know Landon, that's a big deal."

"I know it is, but I don't know, having everyone at school know just makes me feel like I'm not hiding anymore." I said now a little more nervous about this.

"Do what you want Landon, but just tell me when you're going to do it so I'm not there." Callie said.

"Tonight." I said hoping my voice wasn't shaking.

"Matty I'm coming over." Callie said when we pulled into our parking lot. He shrugged and got out of the car.

"Good luck." Callie said and leaned forward to kiss my cheek before getting out of the car. I waited until the door to Matty's place closed behind them before getting out of the car. I slowly walked up to our room and unlocked the front door. I walked in and immediately regretted it. Nikki was in there, along with his father and two other women. Along with my lovely mother of course. My plan might not work like I wanted it to. They all looked up when I walked in.

"Hey Landon." Nikki said nodding his head in my direction.

"Hey Nikki." I said sitting in the open seat and digging in my pocket for a cigarette and my lighter. My mom was leaned over the table about to snort some cocaine. She didn't even give me a second glance. I just rolled my eyes as she did it and lit up my cigarette. The room was smokey already so who cares if I add to it. Although I don't know what they were smoking so...

"Landon you've gotten bigger since the last time I've seen you." The other woman said. I smiled and nodded before blowing out a cloud of smoke. I was hoping she would just leave me alone. She stood up and walked over to me. I think she was going for a sexy look, it wasn't working. She was thin as a rail and had that druggie look to her. She sat on my lap and put her arms around my neck.

"I can give you a good time." She whispered in my ear. Excuse my gagging. Gonna go vomit in the closet now. Are you fucking kidding me lady?!

"No thanks." I lightly pushed her off but she didn't seem to get the hint. She knelt down in front of me and her hands darted onto my belt. She started feeling me up and after a minute pulled her hand away with a disgusted look on her face.

"Doesn't even have a boner." She mumbled before picking up a joint and going to sit on the couch. I just shrugged it off and turned my phone on. I texted Alex and continued to smoke my cigarette.

A couple hours later and everyone was still here. I was hoping they would leave. My phone vibrated and I saw there was a Snapchat from Alex. I opened it up and saw there was an adorable picture of him. He was shirtless with a no good smirk on his face. Just as I went to screenshot it there was a snack on the side of my head.

"Who the fuck is that?" My mom yelled. My eyes went wide and I turned my head to see my mother standing there with a disgusted look on her face. I have no idea when she got behind me. I took a deep breath and glared at her.

"Mom, I'm gay." I said in a calm and collected voice. Her eyes widened and she got a crazy look on her face.

"All of you, out! Now!" She yelled looking over to everyone else. They scurried and stumbled their way out the front door. She walked in front of my chair and just stood there fuming for a minute. She slapped me across the face and my stomach dropped. This is what I feared. My mother, who I hate and never want to be around, now hated me. I shouldn't care. I have all my friends who are my family. But for some reason, this hurt. A lot.