Chapter 26

Landon's POV

Today was the day. It was Monday and school could not have gone by slower. Luckily I was skipping football at the end of the day to go to this DNA testing. I was in the car now, on my way to the doctors office. Alex begged to come with me but I couldn't let him. This was an issue between me and my supposed father. I could tell Alex was angry, but he also has to practice swimming. He's states bound and I don't want him to start missing out on practices because of me.

"Fuck you!" I yelled at a guy as I slammed on the brakes. It would be nice if I didn't die driving in this fucking snow storm. This guy completely cut me off and skidded across two lanes causing others to slam on the brakes. I mumbled curses under my breath when I looked at the time. I was running late. The doctors office was a half hour away and these people were driving so slow. I didn't blame them though, you could barely see a thing through the snow. We would probably be having a snow day tomorrow.

"Goddammit!" I said throwing my hand up as someone else skidded out across my lane. I was going to be so late. I continued driving at a crawl.

When I finally made it off the highway and into the parking lot of the doctors office I sighed in relief and found a parking spot. I got one close to the door and after turning off the engine, ran, sliding my feet so I wouldn't face plant, to the door. I hurried in and rubbed my hands together as I walked to the front desk.

"Hi how can I help you?" The nurse at the desk asked with a smile.

"I'm here for a DNA testing." I told her.

"Okay, name?" She turned to her computer.

"Landon Parks." She typed something in and looked over to me.

"Dr. S. will be out here shortly to see you."

"Thanks." I said and turned to sit in the waiting room. I was only there for a minute before a doctor came in.

"Landon Parks?" He asked looking at me. I nodded. "Right this way." He led me down a hall and opened a door on the left. It was a small, normal looking room with possible father already there.

"Hello Landon." He said with a smile.

"Hi." I replied, staying stoic.

"Take a seat." The doctor said motioning towards one of the chairs. We were sitting at a table with all these machines on it.

"Alright I'm going to hook you up to this and take a blood sample ok?" The doctor said looking over to me. I nodded and tried not to flinch when he stuck the needle in my arm. We sat there in an awkward silence for the five minutes it took for us to both get our blood taken. The doctor looked uncomfortable as he wrote stuff down on a clipboard and put our samples in an envelope.

"Alright we're done here for today. The results should be mailed to you in five to ten business days." The doctor said with a quick smile before leaving the room. I stood up immediately and turned towards supposed father.

"Thanks." I said quietly. He smiled and held out his hand. I took it and noticed his grip was stronger than last time.

"Thank you for agreeing to come do this with me." He said. I gave him a quick smile before letting go of his hand and mumbling a bye. I just wanted to get out of there. It felt really awkward and the faster I got out the faster I could see Alex. I think he tried to say something to me before I left but I was out of there too fast. I swore to myself when I walked outside. There was so much snow, like six inches of it. We were in the middle of a nor'easter and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to drive home. Just as I was thinking that I felt my phone buzzing.