Chapter 24

Landon's POV

"What do you mean he's claiming to be my father? Why is he showing up now?" I asked rubbing my shaking hand on my forehead.

"I don't know. He showed up a little while ago and started arguing with mom. She definitely knows who he is but I don't know if its really your father." Callie said with a sigh. I heard Matty say something to her but I couldn't tell what he said.

"Let me talk to Matty." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"Hey man." Matty answered.

"Hey. So what's this guy look like?" I asked wondering if it's some scum mom does drugs with.

"He's a high class looking guy. He's got a suit on and an expensive watch. If he takes that thing off it'll be gone in a second. I could sell that baby for thousands."

"Okay Matty don't get too carried away. Do you guys want me to go there?"

"Yeah I think it would be best. Where are you anyways?"

"I'm out with Alex, Jasper, and Josh."

"Oh shit man, then take your time." Matty said just as a door slammed.

"But what if it's really him?" I said wondering why I wanted to meet this man so badly. If it really is my father, he abandoned me for almost eighteen years. My mom told me he died of a drug overdose. Matty sighed.

"Okay how about you ask them. Do they know what's going on?" He suggested.

"No they don't. I'll let them know and then text you the plan, okay?"

"Okay man. See you." I hung up the phone and looked at the three guys watching me expectantly.

"What was that about?" Alex asked.

"Well, there seems to be a guy at my moms who is claiming to be my father." I said calmly.

"What?! I thought your dad was...uh-" Alex started.

"Dead. Yeah, so did I. Apparently it's this rich looking guy. Do you guys think I should go now or wait a little?" I asked.

"Now!" They all yelled at the same time.

"Okay then." I said and texted Matty that we were on our way. Alex grabbed my hand and practically dragged me out of the mall with Jasper and Josh close behind.

"Alex you can slow down." I said smiling at his excitement.

"No I can't!" He said and I'm pretty sure started going faster.

"It's not a big deal." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yes it is." He said opening the door to the car and motioning me in the back seat. I smiled and moved in so he could sit next to me. Jasper and Josh got in as well and soon we were driving to a place I haven't been in a while. That great little hotel room I used to call home.

"Are you excited?" Alex asked practically bouncing next to me.

"Not as excited as you."

"I want to meet this guy." He said with a smile.

"What if he hates gay people?" I looked over to him.

"Steal his stuff and sell it on the black market." Alex suggested with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Don't talk to Matty so much. He's giving you bad ideas." I said shaking my head.

"Nah." Alex said and we rode in silence after that. It didn't take long before we pulled into the parking lot of the motel.