Chapter 10

Jasper on the side :D

Landon's POV

Alex jumped up off my lap and ran over to the two men, in military camo. He threw his arms around both of them and they pulled him into a hug. I looked over to Lacey and saw she had a surprised look on her face. I looked back over to see all three of them had sunk down to their knees. Alex had his head down on both their shoulders and it sounded like all three were crying.

When they had all calmed down enough Alex looked up at them.

"Why are you back so early?" He asked wiping his tears.

"We aren't. We just wanted to surprise you guys. Shaun was supposed to be finished next month, but he got injured, and this is when I was supposed to be done. So it worked out pretty good." The one on the right said. I noticed the other one had a dark blue brace on his slightly bent right arm.

"What happened?" Alex asked in a shaky voice.

"Alex, don't." The uninjured one said.

"No, it's fine. I was shot in the arm three times." Shaun said. Alex threw both of his arms around his neck and almost tackled him down. Shaun laughed and hugged him back with his good arm.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked. Shaun nodded.

"I'm fine now. Hurt like a bitch when it happened though." Alex smiled and turned towards us when he noticed his other brother looking at us.

"Oh, Shaun and Jasper, this is Tom, you already know Lacey, and this is my boyfriend, Landon." Alex said. We all stood up and Alex hurried over to grab my hand. Both of them got hard looks on their faces as they walked over to me. Shaun stuck out his hand and I took it. He shook my hand with a hard grip. He stepped to the side for his brother. Jasper shook my hand as well. He was about the same height as me and it felt like he was looking into my soul.

"Jas, what are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Don't even think about hurting my brothers sweet little heart. Or I will break you." He said in a low voice.

"Jas!" Alex yelled. Jasper let go of my hand.

"I would never even think of hurting Alex." I said and he tightened his grip on my hand.

"You're a big guy. If you do something that you would be fine with, he's a lot smaller and he might not be able to handle it."

"I understand." I said over Alex's groans.

"I'm just making sure your boyfriend knows all the rules. That's all." He said with his hands up. He then turned to Lacey and smiled.

"Hey sister I wanted but never got!"

"Hi Jasp, it's good to see you!" She said giving him a hug. Alex's mom came down the stairs smiling.

"Hey guys, I called Marie and Josh and invited them both for dinner. Don't worry, I didn't tell them you guys were here. Landon and Tom, do you want to stay for dinner?" My eyes slid over to Jasper and Shaun.

"As long as we wouldn't be interrupting anything." I said. Shaun smiled and shook his head.

"You guys are welcome to stay." He said.

"Tom?" I asked.

"Yeah, thank you." He said causing her to smile and go back upstairs. After a minute of quiet, Shaun and Jasper both plopped down on the couch.

"So, what were you guys doing?" Shaun asked.

"Watching a movie." Alex said pulling me back over to the couch we were previously sitting on.