New Year, New Hurdle

"Stella where did you put the streamers?" Beatrice asked as she helped Stella set things up for New Year's Eve. She was now out of the hospital and still in the healing process but that didn't stop her from moving around. After everyone had come to see Baby Delilah, everyone got to talking and Stella and Jake offered to host a New Year's Eve party. Everyone agreed, especially Mike who said he would gladly be on baby duty.

"Oh I think they are on the counter, are you sure you don't want me to put them up?" Stella asked as she took a homemade cake out of the oven.

"I'm healing not dying." Beatrice laughed as she continued to look for them.

"You said the same thing when you were pregnant." Stella laughed back.

"And was I wrong?" Beatrice asked.

"Also you have to tell me how you're losing that baby weight so fast you are looking so good." Stella said as she put the cake onto the counter right next to the streamers.

"Oh please I wish. But too be honest I'm not really rushing to lose the weight I'm just kind of chilling with it." Beatrice said as Stella threw her the pack of streamers. "Thank you ma'am." Beatrice said and began opening the pack when Jake walked into the apartment holding two bouquets of flowers.

"And there they are, the two most beautiful girls I know." Jake smiled.

"What's the bouquets for hun?" Stella asked.

"Oh well I just wanted to remind my beautiful girlfriend how amazing, talented, and appreciated she is. Nothing says that like a bouquet of flowers." Jake said and kissed her quickly.

"Awe you guys are so cute." Beatrice smiled.

"Oh and don't think I forgot about you Miss Queen Bea." Jake said handing her the other bouquet of flowers.

"Awe Jake you didn't have to do that thank you," Beatrice said hugging him.

"The new mama needs to be spoiled. Just don't show those to Sam he might think you're cheating on him." Jake joked. "So how's the party planning going?" He then asked as he took off his shoes.

"Pretty good, the cake needs to cool and then I can start the cookies and then get the drinks together." Stella listed.

"I can run and get them if you want." Jake said.

"Would you? I'd love you forever if you did." Stella smiled.

"Well only because you asked nicely, what are we going for? Wine? Champagne? Vodka? Whisky?" Jake asked as he put his shoes back on.

"Well this is your party too so I'll put you in charge of that, don't make me regret it." Stella smiled.

"On it boss. I'll be back!" Jake said and left again.

"Well he's in a good mood." Beatrice laughed as she put the flowers down on the table next to her.

"Yeah ever since you had Delilah he's been in a really loving mood. I don't hate it though, I'm just not used to someone loving me like this." Stella explained.

"Well you deserve it girl." Beatrice smiled as she began hanging the streamers on the wall.

"I still can't believe a little while ago I came knocking on your door just hoping to make new friends and now here I am, I have a whole family and a very loving boyfriend." Stella said in disbelief.

"Hello hello." Sam smiled as he opened the door with little Delilah Lane in his arms.

"Hey, I see she woke up from her nap." Beatrice smiled as she quickly put the streamers down and walked over to Sam.